Should I be taking glucosamin condrotin in the morning or ev

Options
I've had a bum back and hip for almost a year so while at the chiropracter yesterday he told me to try glucosamin condrotin for a month and see if there is any improvement. I bought a liquid formula that is suppost to be taken once a day.

I took in the evening time last night but just got to thinking the absorption of this might be different if taken at the beginning of the day.

Wondering what you do and if it makes any difference

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I think you're supposed to take it with food to increase absorption. I don't know about the time of day though.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I use a mix from Swiss called joint care for my knees, and it works great, noticed an improvement after a week and a vast improvement after a month on it.
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think you're supposed to take it with food to increase absorption. I don't know about the time of day though.

That could very well be true of the pills

The instructions didn't mention anything though. I had looked at few pills before buying the liquid but didn't pay too close attention.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    On a completely different yet related note, I have also been having back and hip issues over the past 7-8 months and it is related to weakness in my gluteus medius muscles. Doing targetted excercises to strengthen these muscles is already helping me a great deal! (lots of demos can be found on youtube by googling). My phyisiotherapist is also treating me with intra-muscular stimulation (also known as "dry needling") which has been awesome as well! Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there in case it can help with your hip pain. :)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Time of day does not matter as long as you are consistent and remember each day. Typically takes about 3 weeks for you to "feel" any improvement as well.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I take the pills at night after dinner...not sure about the liquid.