Fiber One Bars

Options
suerun11
suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
Okay, I am addicted to Fiber One Bars but have noticed an embarrassing problem when I consume them....Prepare yourself for TMI...Obviously they are filled with Fiber but the gas I get when I eat them is instant and constant. Does anyone else experience this?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good bar that isn't high in calories and does not taste horrible? Preferably one that does not cause the above mentioned issue:)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    The special K bars are pretty good. The chocolate pretzel ones are my favorite.
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes! Kellog's Fiber Plus bars... 130 calories. I had the exact same experience with fiber one bars. The farting lasted 6 hours every time I ate one! LOL. Glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • angelica9477
    Options
    I kinda need them for that reason only. But the cliff bars are my favs.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i eat the Fiber One 90 Calorie bars each night that i have to work, so that is 4 nights out of the week and i do not have that problem. but i was afraid that i might, but nope, i'm in the clear! i hope that you find something that works for you. good luck! :tongue:
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    haha... as I'm reading this post I'm eating a fiber one bar... and having the same problem as you :p A lot of the time I eat balance bars that are 200 cals or chewy granola bars that are 120 cals (I think). But I really like the fiber ones! yum
  • suerun11
    Options
    lol! I think I ate my last one tonight, this is just out of control!
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm glad this thread was started!! I need the extra fiber but the gas is crazy! i found that drinking a lot of water helps a little. The 90 calorie bars aren't as gassy for me as the regular bars are but I think that's because they have less fiber. I need to get more fiber to help things move along but I'm having trouble finding something that doesn't make my stomach feel like a hot air balloon! Have any of you tried the benefiber brand?
    ~ Jamie
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    The only thing that ever helped me with those bars was drinking A LOT of water. I would get a horrible stomach ache from them. I stopped eating them due to that.
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is just awesome... evidently EVERYONE experiences the same "issue" with these Fiber One bars... I too am additcted to these bars... Oats & Honey and Oats & PB are my favs, however, I eat them with full knowledge of what's to come...

Funny thing is I usually eat one as a filler after dinner, and then do my workout about an hour later. I'm doing Insanity! right now, so my workout is high-impact with a lot of jumps, etc... Let's just say I get some extra sound effects during my workout :)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I had to stop eating them too for the same reason. I now eat the Special K bars and love the chcoclate pretzels too!!
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Get your fiber from natural foods like fruit. An apple has 7 grams of fiber, not much less than that bar.
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was on the phone with my husband, who was at home and said that he was getting into my fiber one bars. I immediately said, "BE CAREFUL! And don't eat more than one in a day!!!" Totally know what you're talking about.
  • 1carrice
    1carrice Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I just purchased Kellogs Fiber Bars and on the box it tells new users to increase your fiber intake gradually or you will have gas discomfort. Since they are so high in fiber maybe a half a bar at a time. Just a thought
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oh dear - just bought these to take with me on a trip, thought they'd be better than my usual choice of granola bars. Was planning on 2 a day but maybe I'll have one tonight to see if I react this way, too. Eeep!
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    I made a mistake one day and ate one along with eating a bowl full of grapes..I know I at least lost 3 pounds that nights... LOL
  • suerun11
    Options
    Thank you all! I just had to know! Hmm, guess it is back to trying new things... BYE BYE FIber One Bars...You will be missed:)
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    Oh! They are SOOOOO good. I'm a big fan myself; but I do not feel anything like that. It doesnt give me any gas.
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love them and have the same problem with them. I was trying to only eat one every other day to see if that helps!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I had my first Fibre One bar.... on a plane. Yes. You read that correctly. Believe me, I was WORRIED!!! The only reason I ate it was because we had been delayed 6 hrs from our departure time and there was no food in the waiting area, nor on the plane.

Anyways, turns out I'm one of those people who can stomach 'em. Phhhhewwww! That could've been ugly, haha.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I don't know how anyone eats any of that "healthy" crap, good rule of thumb, the healthier the package says it is the more processed and unhealthy the product most likely is.