C25K

Options
I start tomorrow and I am not a runner!!!! i am sooooo scared LOL

Replies

• kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh lady if I can do it you can do it! Good luck to you and remember speed it not as important as completing it...so start off slow and stick with it! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/183129-starting-c25k-again-tomorrow?page=5#posts-2780737

here is a thread we just started in march...most are in wk 3-5??
    you are welcome to join us...
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared! I was nervous when I first started it too and now I'm on W6D2 (tonight) and its actually kind of nice to have that time to yourself to think and listen to music. Definitely start slow, pace yourself, and just keep with it. There are a bunch of challenge and support groups for C25K that will cheer you on and keep you motivated. :)
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile...if I can do it, anyone can!! You can do it girl!!
  • tammlane
    tammlane Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started Monday! It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I downloaded the app on my blackberry and it really helps. The only problem I had was the app said to start with a warm up then do 60 sec of running then 90 sec of walking for a "total of 20 minutes". I was thinking the whole thing would be 20 minutes but it is accutally 28 (with a couple minutes coold down). I was not prepared for the extra 5 min but I did it and i feel great. Tonight i do the week 1 day 2 and I'm excited.
  • Hawgfreak70
    Options
    Do it like it says to. I started it a couple years ago, got bored after a week ot two, then just started going for distance. My lungs did great and, though I found age has slowed me a bit, I was doing 6 miles on Saturdays within 5 weeks....unfortunately, my legs weeny near as happy with me as my lungs. I got shin splints really bad. I did a 5k on hilly trails, and limped around for two months after that......maybe leg fitness is tied in with going along with the program.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I am SUCH a fan of this program. I wanna be their poster girl. :heart: I can't say enough good things about it. :smile:
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I am SUCH a fan of this program. I wanna be their poster girl. :heart: I can't say enough good things about it. :smile:

I agree...we can both be poster girls...LOL!! It made me a runner, and a year later I am running half marathons!!
  • s00sh
    s00sh Posts: 91
    Options
    i'm having a really hard time with week 4. it's depressing me :(
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    We shall see how it goes :) I start tomorrow :)