Ladies any suggestion on some great work out shoes??

Options
I have some espirit shoes, they are comfortable but they look kind of like well granny shoes, and the shoe laces keep coming untied no matter how many double knots I tie and I tuck them in my shoes. Anyways its messing up my flow on the treadmill. So I need something that is definitely comfortable especially for walking fast and jogging.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    asics!
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    asics!

I second this! Asics are amazing!! I have two pairs one gel and one regular. They feel like heaven
  • skinnymia
    skinnymia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Loving my new Ryka Radiants! :)
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like the New Balance 608 ... great cross trainer
  • jyotsana09
    Options
    go for nike trainers...they really soft, light and have a good grip...i always wear them for my workout...
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Reebok Run Tones!!!!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Vibrams!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I went to the store when I decided to start exercising. I tried on TONS of shoes. I ended up buy 2 pair and I alternate wearing them. One pair is New Balance and the other is Avia. You have to find what feels good and fits YOUR feet.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Not a lady... but what I would recommend is getting fitted in shoes that are appropriate for you.

Everyone's feet are different. We all abuse our feet differently. A professional fitting is worth the comfort they will bring you.

Any good quality running store will set you up with shoes that will save your feet and feel good!
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Asics LOVE them
  • mstalker5
    Options
    The Nike Lunar glide+2 are amaaazing! So comfortable and light weight :) a little on the pricey side though...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I use New Balance 846 - they're a great cross training shoe for walking/running
  • jenni0728
    Options
    Just bought some Nike LunarTrainers. Absolutely love them. They are light, provide great balance, and have great arch support.
  • DaniRockASota
    Options
    I love Asics and New Balance. (: They're both pretty trustworthy brands! (I work at a Famous Footwear and New Balance, Asics and Nike are the top athletic brands we usually sell at our store). I have a pair of Asics that I use when I run or go for long walks though and the support is amazing. (:
  • TheKatzMeow77
    Options
    The Nike Lunar glide+2 are amaaazing! So comfortable and light weight :) a little on the pricey side though...

I second that!! I have the purple ones, and I use the Nike Sensor with them :)) they are the most comfortable running shoes i have ever owned :))
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I use Reebok Zigs and I love them!
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    You are going to get a ton of different responses. Every foot is different, which is why there are sooo many shoes! I suggest you go into a running store and try a ton on. Remember that feet swell during exercise, especially running, so get a pair 1/2 size to 1 size bigger than normal. Go to a store that lets you try them on and run around the parking lot.

Asics have a wide toe box, but come up really high around the ankles
    Saucony are a little narrow in the tow box, I run in Saucony right now when I'm not in my vff's
    NewBalance have a wide toe box but I find the arch to be in the wrong spot for my foot
    Mizuno are great except the arch was weird for me
    Nike sucks all the way around for me.

See....they are all different!
  • RosalieCrain
    Options
    I would get my foot assesment done at a specialty running shoe store. They will fit you in the right shoe for the way you walk/run. The shoes that they will bring out to you are not brand specific. You just gotta find the right shoe for you. It's worth the price for good shoes!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys!!!