Turkey Mince Ideas?

Options
Hi everyone...
I was just wondering if anyone can suggest a nice recipe using turkey mince?. I'm supposed to be making turkey burgers in pitta pockets with salad for dinner but I've had it sooo many times before that I'm not really looking forward to it. Would love to hear some suggestions!

Replies

• Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make it into a turkey taco salad! Cook the turkey with taco seasoning and load it up with lots of lettuce,tomatoes, bit of salsa and sour cream, and a little cheese! Yum! I did this with some left over turkey I had recently!
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brown up one package with sliced onions and mushrooms, add in some onion soup mix and low sodium fat free turkey gravy. Serve over potatoes, rice, noodles, veggies, etc.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You could always make it into a nice bolognese sauce and serve it over spaghetti squash.

1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
    2 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 pound ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 can (10 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
    1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk

1. Place onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, bacon and garlic in large saucepan. Add oil; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
    2. Add turkey; cook and stir until completely browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, nutmeg and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes.
    3. Add mushrooms; simmer 10 minutes. Stir in milk; simmer 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.

Servs 8, at 94 cals/serving
  • Pearcecat
    Pearcecat Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies..they all sound delicious!!
  • BAHA2011
    BAHA2011 Posts: 2
    Options
    Turkey Meatloaf is one our Family favorites!
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Tomato Turkey Delight ( serves 2)

2 tbls extra-virgin olive oil
    1 cup onions, chopped
    1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1/2-1 tsp chili powder or chipotle spice
    8 ounes ground turkey
    1 1/2 cups crushed turkey
    1 cup zucchini, chopped
    3 cups frozen or fresh green beans
    salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the onions, garlic and ground turkey until meat is completely cooked, and the onions are soft. Add the tomato, chili powder and zucchini and cook unitl heated through. In the meantime, steam the green beans. Divide the cooked beans between two plates and top with the turkey mixture

Calories 313
    Protein 27g
    Fat 12g
    Carbs 28g
    Fibre 9g
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    YUMMY! this sounds so good. I'm deff. trying one of these ideas tonight!