Surprising Cravings...

Options
tashjs21
tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
Today mine is cabbage. I really want some cabbage. And the rest of the week it has been peas. (growing up I despised vegetables so this is very surprising!) :laugh:

What are yours?

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Lettuce on my hamburgers/sandwhiches, I have ALWAYS hated this! And yesterday I asked for extra lettuce on my whopper, extra!
  • alternativeauto
    Options
    Cabbage is great for weight loss. Lots of fiber so it's a great filler, and minimal calories per volume. Just don't turn it into cole slaw.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    raw veggies in general. much fewer chocolate cravings.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    I surprisingly have far less bad, crippling sugar cravings anymore and more cravings for things like artichokes or some random veggie or fruit!

Been on a huge thing lately for sugar peas. Just too yummy!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    WATER! I've been dying of thirst lately...the better I eat the more thirsty I get...whatever that means.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    guacamole and avocado.
    I used to HAAATE it, and now that I found out I dont anymore I want it ALL the time!

And roasted red peppers!
    Srsly I could eat a jar or pre-roasted ones for lunch
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, but that's not a surprise. :bigsmile: :ohwell:
  • erin_kercheval
    erin_kercheval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes! Have hated them for years, mainly that gooey texture from the insides. When I chop them up for salads, I used to always cut out as much of the center as I could and I would NEVER eat them on a sandwich or burger. Lately though, I want them on everything!! Looking forward to warmer weather and great availability of GOOD tomatoes. Maybe a nice Caprese salad...

Unfortunately today I'm also craving Mac n' Cheese with Hot Dogs. HA! Pretty sure someone at work had this for lunch, because that is what the break room smells like and now I can't get it off my mind. It's gross and yet so good.........
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Shocker!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I would say water for me too.

:drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Cabbage is great for weight loss. Lots of fiber so it's a great filler, and minimal calories per volume. Just don't turn it into cole slaw.

Oh no, I hate coleslaw! :sick:

I've been craving it in my salads and tonight I am going to cook it up with some kilebasa and quinoa on the side. (I am hoping the cabbage and quinoa counteract my splurging on the sausage)
  • tashjs21
    Options

:laugh: Yea, that is not a surprise Shannon. :wink:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    nevemind.

:angry:
  • tashjs21
    Options

I hear y'all. The more I drink the more I want that water!!
  • FORKDOWN
    Options

I hear y'all. The more I drink the more I want that water!!

Thats the weird part, isnt it.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    splurging on the sausage

:huh: pg-13

:blushing: You are going to get in trouble! th_naughtywag.gif
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Since switching my eating habits the only things I crave are beef, pork, bison,eggs, etc. Don't crave sweets at all and I used to be a chocolate FIEND. I still eat 70% dark chocolate every so often.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Since switching my eating habits the only things I crave are beef, pork, bison,eggs, etc. Don't crave sweets at all and I used to be a chocolate FIEND. I still eat 70% dark chocolate every so often.

I much prefer Dark Chocolate now. And I am finding that I only need a small piece and I am satisfied whereas I could devour a whole milk chocolate bar and still be looking for more. :tongue: :laugh:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    What did not surprise me about water is the number of restroom trips.

:laugh:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I much prefer Dark Chocolate now. And I am finding that I only need a small piece and I am satisfied whereas I could devour a whole milk chocolate bar and still be looking for more. :tongue: :laugh:

Exactly. Prior to eating the dark chocolate if I tasted the milk chocolate it was like a shark smelling blood in the water....feeding frenzy! I could have dove into a swimming pool full of the stuff and it wouldn't have been enough.