Lemon Garlic Marinated Pork Chops

Options
KarenJean81
KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
Lemon Juice is a natural meat tenderizer, so this is a great marinade for those of us who din't prefer our pork chops to have the consistency of shoe leather. = }

6 4oz boneless pork chops

1/4 cup lemon juice

5 cloves garlic minced or crushed

1/2 - 1 tsp basil depending on your tastes

Mix lemon juice, garlic and basil in a large zip lock bag, add pork chops and let sit in the refridgerator at least two hours. Turn bag over every hour to marinate evenly. I massage the meat each time I turn it, to help keep it tender and it seems to help hold flavor better that way.

These can be grilled, broiled or baked. I broil mine for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. When juices run clear, your done.

Per Chop:

Cal: 137 Carb: 2 Fat: 5 Sodium: 214

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yummy, TFS.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy =)
    Thanks!!
  • kroyalty
    kroyalty Posts: 22
    Options
    Oooh, this sounds yummy! I am always on the look out for new recipes that are low cal/fat. I will definitely try this one! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • laurennn16
    Options
    mmmmmm!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have made these b-4 they are yummy ! I make the ones with the bone in does that change the calories ? The ones w/ the bone in seem to me to be more tender !
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have made these b-4 they are yummy ! I make the ones with the bone in does that change the calories ? The ones w/ the bone in seem to me to be more tender !

I'm not sure if the bone in changes the calories, but it would certainly change the weight...hmmm