Best Yoga Video for Beginners??

lnelson88
lnelson88 Posts: 64
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
Never done yoga before but would like to. I need something for beginners. Any suggestions?

Replies

• chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    I found one on exercisetv.com.... its a 10 minute yoga for beginners. I liked it, it was super easy to follow along with and felt good.

good luck :)
  • bump
  • bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    For a beginner, I would recommend going to a studio. There are so many little muscles to be aware of that it's nice to have some in-person feedback on your posture. Then when you do a video you'll know the parts that you need to watch out for.

Good luck!
  • jrlitt76
    jrlitt76 Posts: 52
    there is an A.M. and P.M. yoga video with Rodney Lee....its a pretty awesome beginners video. Typically any of the GIAIM series are good enough to feel the stretch but not so hard you want to die and throw the DVD away! :ohwell:
  • Yoga for Beginners with Barbara Benagh - This DVD will give you a lot of bang for your buck. It has a great range of sessions and teaches you alot of poses. The segments for when you're just starting out range from 15/20 minutes to 30 minutes and can be combined if you want to practice for a longer amount of time (i think there are 8 of these segments to choose from). The second part of the dvd has longer sessions (40 minutes and up).
    I was a complete beginner when I started using this, and it made me love yoga! it's very relaxing, instructional, non-intimidating. I can't say enough good things about it! Plus, it's under $10, so if it ends up not working well, you haven't spent much.
    http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Beginners-Barbara-Benagh/dp/B000H8RVSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1302114268&sr=8-1
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Seane Corne is a phenomenal yoga instructor and has some dvd's for beginners. I'm sure if you google you will be able to find. She is amazing!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    I also loved the AM and PM yoga series with Rodney Yee - not if you're looking to exercise much, but great if you are a yoga beginner.

You might check out free yoga video podcasts on iTunes - like YogAmazing. They're not too hard and free, so a great start!
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    For a beginner, I would recommend going to a studio. There are so many little muscles to be aware of that it's nice to have some in-person feedback on your posture. Then when you do a video you'll know the parts that you need to watch out for.

Good luck!

I totally agree. As a newbie you should go to a studio for a few sessions and then transition to a dvd taught by a good instructor (like Seane Corne, Baron Baptiste, Rodney Yee etc etc)
This discussion has been closed.