Question..

Options
So I Workout Right After I Eat Lunch..
Just Wondering If I Would Benefit From Letting My Food Digest All The Way Like Waiting An Hour Before Working Out
OR If It Would Be Better To Do It Right Away Like 10 Or 15 Min After Eating.

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's really what ever you feel comfortable with. I tend to have a small snack at least 30 minutes before I work out, so I know I won't crash half way through. then I'll have something with lean protien afterwards.
  • AmysGetFitJourney
    AmysGetFitJourney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Def. waiting is better. Should wait at least 30 minutes if a small meal if its a regular size meal I'd wait a full hour.
  • carlswest
    Options
    I don't know the scienc-y bit behind this but I normally eat about an hour before working out as that way I can feel the benefits of it as fuel but don't get bogged down with the weight of it still in my stomach. It sometimes depends on what exercise I'm doing though so might work differently for different people.
    I'd say stick to what works for you :smile:
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't know the scienc-y bit behind this but I normally eat about an hour before working out as that way I can feel the benefits of it as fuel but don't get bogged down with the weight of it still in my stomach. It sometimes depends on what exercise I'm doing though so might work differently for different people.
    I'd say stick to what works for you :smile:

ya if you workout first before you eat then you are still burning some calories from the workout to a certain point and u will burn off a lil bit of the calories you consume
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i read an hour after is better for full meals but if you are having a snack like oatmeal or rice then 30 minutes later is better. good luck and way to go on the workouts