Making progress and feeling proud of myself (Pics)

Options
I joined MFP on March 15th, 2011 at a much lighter than usual 167 pounds. But this was not the beginning of my weight loss journey. It started January 1st, 2010 at the highest weight I'd ever been in my life. 198 pounds. I'm a mere 5'4", so that is a pretty large number for me. I have a few health conditions that helped me simply say to myself that there was nothing I could do to get to a healthier weight. And because of this mindset, at 27 years old, I'm being faced with the possibility of having to take cholesterol medication. I'm already on beta blockers (for a heart condition, not because I have hypertension), and taking metformin (for PCOS, not diabetes). I'd hate to be on yet another medication for an indefinite time during my life.
Through all of these trials, I have found it in myself to change my habits. Today, I'm feeling very pleased and accomplished. Though I am nowhere near done, I wanted to show off my progress.

The first 2 here are from June 2010. I weighed about 190lbs and wore a size 16 jeans.
fat1c.th.jpg
fat2k.th.jpg

This one is from 2 days after I joined MFP. I weighed 167 lbs, and was in a size 12 jeans.
imag0125z.th.jpg

And Finally! These were taken today, just a little while ago. 160 lbs, size 10.
imag0152ty.th.jpg
imag0159l.th.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed my little story. I'm ever so glad I found this community and it's amazing support system!

:heart: ~Tracy

Replies

• leighllf
    leighllf Posts: 32
    Options
    You look great~keep up the good work~~~~:smile:
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    You look fantastic:happy:
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    You look great, Tracy!!!! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm about your height, was about your weight, and looking forward to getting down to your current weight! My goal is 130. You've inspired me today.
  • plantbasedbreezy
    plantbasedbreezy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Patti! You can do this! My current goal is 135. My doctor's goal for me is 145, but I know that I can do better than that.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WTG!! keep up the good work!! you look great :smile:
  • tdolphin1
    tdolphin1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look fantastic...keep up the great work!
  • sherrilstone
    Options
    You're doing a great job!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You're making a beautiful transformation. Keep up the good work and keep inspiring others!!!:flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look great
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! You can do it!! :)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fantastic job. You look great. Keep it up.
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are well on your way!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your story so far with us. You will find great support here; this website is amazing. Keep up the good work!!! You will be to your goal in no time.
  • shomp
    shomp Posts: 3
    Options
    Fabuloss!! congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!