New from Seattle

Options
I'm starting again, first time with My Fitness Pal. This time plan to set intermediate goals of 10 lb losses. End goal is to lose 40 pounds at 1 one pound a week. So 10 pounds by June 13 is what I'm aiming for. Can I do it? Not sure. I'm also training to walk the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in September. So lots of walking each week.

Replies

• gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You certainly can if you put your mind to it. Feel free to add me if you want a motivation friend. Nice to have some more folks from the Pacific Northwest.
  • nwhiker1
    nwhiker1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. Thanks for the encouragement.:flowerforyou:
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hew there new from Seattle! I live there too! Gotta love the weather we've been having to motivate us to get out there and exercize!! NOT!. Hahaha... I'm here for ya! Let's lose this weight and make Seattle a healthier/happier city!
  • hawkermurray
    hawkermurray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also in Seattle, and I think it is great to have fellow MFP-ers from the area. Your goals seem sound and I have no doubt that you'll meet them!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    good for you on the 3 Day... I did it a couple years back - incredible experience for sure. I work in Seattle (live on the eastside) and would be happy to do a walk with you on occasion. :D
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love walking in Seattle! I've got the registration page for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k in June bookmarked, the walk would be easy, but I'd really like to be up for the run by then!
  • nwhiker1
    Options
    You're right, this endless season of rain doesn't help much. Whenever I can I make use of sun breaks. Apparently we're just about to have 3 days of sun. Whee!
  • nwhiker1
    Options
    Sounds like you're really going well. Congratulations! I'm still getting up to speed on the walking. Now doing 12-14 miles a week. By the fall have to be able to do 20 miles a day 3 days running. Hoping my feet, knees and hips cooperate. Where did you get that great ticker? I'd love to have one like that. Great motivator.
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Sounds like you're really going well. Congratulations! I'm still getting up to speed on the walking. Now doing 12-14 miles a week. By the fall have to be able to do 20 miles a day 3 days running. Hoping my feet, knees and hips cooperate. Where did you get that great ticker? I'd love to have one like that. Great motivator.

You can do it. I was so lazy when I did my 3-Day I didn't train (but got really lucky and didn't get blisters). Just make sure to invest in some good shoes.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am from the South End. Just joined MFP in February. It's been great. Would love to walk in the evenings, but this weather is not having it. I heard we were going to have some sun by tomorrow, but I just won't believe it until I see it.
    My MIL and I have always wanted to do the 3-Day, but we just don't think we could come up with that much money. She does the Boise one every year with my SIL. I hope it works out well for you!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this again myself and am from the Bremerton area! Good luck! You'll do fabulously!:bigsmile:
  • nwhiker1
    Options
    Hi there! I am from the South End. Just joined MFP in February. It's been great. Would love to walk in the evenings, but this weather is not having it. I heard we were going to have some sun by tomorrow, but I just won't believe it until I see it.
    My MIL and I have always wanted to do the 3-Day, but we just don't think we could come up with that much money. She does the Boise one every year with my SIL. I hope it works out well for you!

The amount of money is a challenge. It would be too bad to get all the way up to the event and not be able to walk because I haven't raised the money. But if I keep on training, I figure I will have benefited a lot by the effort.
  • nwhiker1
    Options
    6356585.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

0 pounds lost so far. It can only get better.
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    Hey,

I live in seattle as well...WELCOME:happy:
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in Portland, we're like neighbors :)
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    I am also in the area; live and work on the Eastside. I too have been desperately hoping for better weather, or at least warmer!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    OK, start with "I can do it!" rather than "Can I do it?" and you'll be well on your way to success! :happy:

And yes, I believe without a doubt that you can. One day at a time, one pound at a time ... slow and steady.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I am in Portland as well! :happy:
  • cmetodiev
    cmetodiev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi New on this site! Just started to walk my dog and I plan on doing it 2x a day! Looking forward to see how this site will help me!