Which Jillian DVD?

Options
I keep hearing raves about Jillian Michael's workout DVD's. I'm looking into buying one..but which one is the best? I'm going home in 6 weeks and I want to tone fast!

Replies

• ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like 30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack. Those are the only two that I have tried.
  • TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    I just started her 30 day shred..it kicks my *kitten*!! It's in 3 levels and after level one I could feel the burn. So I imagine 2 and 3 are going to be even more intense. Good Luck!
  • DeeandraC
    Options
    I have her Biggest Loser Front Side and Backside... I just did the Front side... they kick my butt every TIME! whew! :) 30-day shred is a *kitten* too! omg... it was ROUGH but you know you are doing something!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you're new to working out at home I'd recommend the 30-Day Shred. It's a good workout and if you stick with it you WILL see results. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a heart-pumping cardio workout, and No More Trouble Zones is a more intense strength workout. Six Week 6-Pack isn't too bad. Yoga Meltdown...not my favorite. Me? I rotate between the 30-Day Shred (currently on my third go-round of that), BFBM, NMTZ and SW6P. Really, any of them are great; it's what you prefer. Good luck! :)
  • 1hotmama2b
    1hotmama2b Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am going on to day 5 of the 30 day shred..... Finally, I am beginning to bend over again without getting stuck....lol. It feels like it must be doing SOMETHING.
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    Do you need weights for the 30 day shred? I don't have any and I'm kind of on a budget here :)
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend 30 Day Shred ...I loved the results. I felt toned and much stronger plus definitely lost inches all over. I also like to mix in Banish Fat Boost Metabolism now which is 40 minutes of intensity but a great workout.... I'm doing 6 Week Six Pack now but do plan to start my 2nd round of 30 Day Shred in the next 2 weeks. Jillian Michaels kicks butt and gets results :glasses:
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you're really on a budget you could use soup cans! (Really, people have done that.) But yeah, she recommends hand weights/dumbbells. I use a pair of 5 lb. dumbbells, but my mom and boyfriend would usually use 3 lb. ones.
  • Ash10Dent
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is Jillian's new one... I am on Level 3 Day 1 and it is kicking my *kitten*! From a few people who have done 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, they say Ripped is harder. Good luck! I am sure they are ALL good...
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do you need weights for the 30 day shred? I don't have any and I'm kind of on a budget here :)

Check half.com for the dvd at a discounted rate ($5ish + shipping)... grab a pair of 5 lb hand weights, $10-12 for a pair at Target/Walmart. Cheaper than a month at the gym. :)
  • lovezumba
    lovezumba Posts: 26
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred, and yes you do need weights. but an easy and cheap alternative is using canned veggies or even filled water bottles.
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones. AMAZING. I use big water bottles.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    I did the shred twice threw great dvd for starters! and 27 minutes total I also have done banish fat boost metabolism great for cardio, to go along with that also did no more trouble zone. they are both 50 minutes so requires more time. I did 6 week 6 pack and its ok but I will probably do that when I dont need to lose weight. i also have yoga melt down, good but doesnt burn many calories as I thought it would.

By far the best workout is Ripped in 30. i just started it this week and its awesome. Cant wait to do all 4 levels!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My sister sent me the set of them and I must say that I am in love with the Banish fat boost Metabolism. I like the little bit of the boxing mixed in. Also it is (with warm up and cool down) it is just under an hour. I am also using the 30 DS and I like it alot. But if you are only going to get one I would say the 30 DS. it has three workouts so you don't get board. I have not tried the new ripped in 30, but I read it has 4 different workouts so it might be better for your money.

Good luck and let us know how you like it
  • Ash10Dent
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm probably going to go with ripped in 30 :) I can't wait!
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    Banish fat boost metabolism is hardcore. It's about an hour long dvd with really challenging exercises.. lots of jumping.. you'll definitely sweat your *kitten* off with this one. Plus you don't need weights or anything.

If you can handle jumping... do this one!
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian & have all of her DVDs. My favorite is her newest one Ripped in 30 - great workout & it goes by so quickly! The only workout I dont care for is the kettlebell one, the workout itself isnt bad but my lower back hurts so bad for a few days after. Other than that one, I'd recommend any of her DVDs.
  • kppride0825
    Options
    I have both her Ripped in 30 DVD and 30 Day Shred. I personally felt like I got a better work out with the Ripped in 30. It was more fast paced and entertaining. Even though some of the moves are on both dvds i guess i just liked the ripped in 30 better.