I am under most days

Options
I don't know what to do. I am trying to keep what I learned in WW in mind and eat my dietary guidelines each day. However, now that we are approaching spring I am way more active during the day.

I am a SAHM with two boys and we are now getting into a busy time of year. With swim lessons, play dates, nice weather, and outside work to be done I hardly ever sit down.

I do count any activity that I do whether it is housework, walking, gardening, or a good workout. Right now I am not drinking water like I should and I am working on it. But I am now under my calorie intake most days by a good 100 to 200 calories because of my activity level. I have no desire to eat more as I am satisfied.

I don't know if this will be a problem or not because I do not weigh in until Sunday morning. Do you think I should try to eat more? An extra piece of fruit, a cup of yogurt, or something?

Appreciate thoughts.

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat when you are not hungry. Follow your body and your instincts. This is just my opinion. Many others will not agree with me. lol.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't think that by being under by 100 to 200 calories is going to have that huge of an impact.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I only count when I actually exercise. I dont count house work etc. I once had a nutritionist tell me that anything you do on a regular basis, like house work or walking at work, is not recognized by your body as exercise.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me that you should actually eat every 2-3 hours, a peice of fruit or some raw veggies or low-fat dairy, to keep your metabolism going. I don't count housework or gardening either...Only my workouts
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I also do not count daily activities, etc as part of my calorie burn. ONly actual exercise. In my opinion, you were doing similar activities of daily living prior to trying to lose weight, so tha thasn't changed, so why count it now?
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count housework etc. especially if you took your normal activities such as this into account when you chose your activity level at the very beginning. This is why they give us the choices of sedentary to very active. Now if only we could make housework take care of itself!
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    in my opinion and from what I learned through WW that any type of activity should be counted. I can tell you that it helps me to maintain focus. I do work out and actually workout 4 days a week.

I am not one to eat every two to three hours. Just because I am a SAHM doesn't mean I have that luxury. It is hard enough to commit to proper water intake.

If I don't lose weight I can re-evaluate.