can't believe the calories at cheesecake factory

Options
bebababy
bebababy Posts: 50 Member
Wow and good God almighty! I can't believe the calories in any meal at cheesecake factory. my husband and i would eat there often before myfitnesspal. i had no idea that french toast was like 1700 calories or the chicken was like 1400 calories!! unbelievable. i may never eat there again! LOL i brought home most of my meal and gave it to the kids lol. thanks for letting me vent! i am sad and it feels like a divorce cuz i don't think i can eat there again LOL

Replies

• yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    In the 2011 version of Eat This Not That book, they talk about how bad that place is for you. It is insane-and I will not be going back, just because I believe they could make it better and just aren't doing so. For that, I will not eat there.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I can not tell you how many things MFP has ruined for me too! LOL!!! But it's totally worth it!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    woooooooooweeee...im glad theres not a cheesecake factory nearby me anymore! lol
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes Cheesecake is bad on the body image....Hardee's is another artery clogger!! Try to have it on special occasions only.

Good luck on your journey!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going there tonight. I'm ordering the Weight Management grilled chicken (580 calories) and a low-carb cheesecake. It's approximately 1000 calories total, depending on which nutritional database you want to use. MFP has a "corrected" low-carb cheesecake count of 420 calories. Even still, going to Cheesecake Factory with guilt on your mind is worse than just going strictly for the pure feeling of enjoying the indulgence, knowing you can work it off later.
  • Diva151
    Diva151 Posts: 4
    Options
    Right! I'd heard about their food not being so good. Those numbers are ridiculous! And my sister LOVES to eat there. No more for me either! I'm scared to drink the water..they may have some extra calories floating around in it!:ohwell:
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    To me, it's hard to fathom how they actually cram that many calories in some of their dishes. I mean, if we were to make them from scratch at home, we would shave off tons of cals without even trying! Good for you for sticking to your guns and avoiding that place. It's one thing to splurge on your favorite foods every now and then, but not when one meal is double your daily goal!
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO! I'm both happy and upset that I read this. They are opening 2 of them nearby. (I've never been) and I was totally looking forward to going there. :smile: :cry:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    That's because the serving sizes could probably feed a two or three people. There's no way one person should consume an entire plate in a single sitting.
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with all yall! it's babylon LOL
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]5041727.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    IMO the only thing worth going there for is dessert and coffee. Even if you split an entree it is so bad for you.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I dont eat cheesecake but I like The Cheesecake Factory....

considering all things in moderation, I will not deprive myself from the occasional visit... especially when my husband insists on going there for our "date night"

I always get the same thing...appetizer ( firecracker salmon rolls) and entree ( the Crispy beef)... I even get the HUGE slice of Linda's chocolate cake to-go...

I eat it, enjoy my man and feel no guilt.... go to bed ( hopefully after a late night) and wake up the next day back to my 1200 calorie with 45 min/day exercise routine
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I eat the viet summer rolls there, comes with three but they are so big I eat one for lunch and eat them for two days 200 cal each it says.... I also eat the French Country salad there which says 390....Idk I guess some things seem ok, others are just calorie bombs
    I love Cheesecake factory, but the calories are just not worth it for some of the items. The portions are huge, so I always box things up and eat them over the course of a few days usually.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by a LOT of places' nuitritional information. Although, I for one, am glad that more people are looking up these facts and realizing how terribly unhealthy most chain restaurants are. I have never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory, but when I look at their menu, I just see how unhealthy it is. I see nothing appetizing about it, yet so many people eat there.

Kudos to you for saying good bye to such an unhealthy place. It might be sad now, but when you find a new place where you can feel good about eating, then you'll realize that you don't miss the Cheesecake Factory that much after all.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to indulge. Its good to get out and just enjoy sometimes. Just know that you'll have to work it off later.
    If I plan on going out for a special occasion I usually try to find time to get some extra workouts in to make up for it.
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    I have never heard of the cheesecake facotry, just by the name its denotes heart attack lol. There should be a law that no one can eat over 500 in one meal! wow my daily allaowance is around 1400 so to see chicken at that cal count is staggering!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said here. A lot of the items at the Cheesecake Factory are very calorie laden. However, they do have a light menu. Sometimes, you just have to go out and enjoy yourself. The food tastes awesome. If I'm going there, I accept that I'm going to go over my calories for the day and I move on. I order something I really want. I take the time to eat it slowly and totally enjoy every minute of it.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    That's because the serving sizes could probably feed a two or three people. There's no way one person should consume an entire plate in a single sitting.

Thats very true! I can't even finish a piece of cheesecake there.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the artichoke thing (not the hearts) with spicy vinaigrette - it's an appetizer but it's good enough for a meal. However I think it's like 765 calories!

You have to remember whenever you eat out it's going to be about 1000-2000 calories. Everywhere. So best to get some great low fat cookbooks - we have several from America's Test Kitchen that are fantastic tasting. Last night I made Spicy Spaghetti Pie for 410 cals. It was fantastic tasting.

There's other low fat cooking places too, like Cooking Light & A Taste of Home. Good luck!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    when i go there, I share a plate with my husband and we can't even eat it all.... so the calorie count is already cut in half... not too bad if you order somethng with low calories.