Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

stuck in a food rut...

srod23
srod23 Posts: 2
I am stuck in a food rut, and I need some new recipe ideas! I find that I am eating the same foods all the time, because I know they are "safe", and have helped me in my weight loss. But, I find that I am reverting back to my old unhealthy recipes because I am tired of the same thing night after night! Any recipe suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Flat out pizza....yumm....
  • I LOVE my naked breakfast burritos. 3 egg whites, 1/4 c jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles, 1/4 c. Great Value (walmart brand) fancy shredded fiesta blend cheese. 160 cal. I usually have a protein shake to go with it. :)
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    you're diary was closed, so I'm not sure what you are bored of...there are lots of great recipes on www.cleaneatingmag.com
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Roasted Cauliflower soup....roast drizzled in olive oil cauliflower florets and sliced onions at 450 for about 20 min..turning halfway. Meanwhile simmer 2 14.5 oz cans of low fat, non fat, low sodium chicken stock...add the cauliflower and onions to the stock. deglaze the baking sheet with water and add to the pot. simmer for 10 min. Use a handimixer to mash up the soup and enjoy. I like mine with a drizzle of sesame oil :)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    I have been saving recipe blogs and websites to my favorites list on my browser. Here are some of the sites I like; I hope something sounds tasty to you!

http://www.tablespoon.com/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/
    http://peasandthankyou.com/
    http://allrecipes.com/
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    For a lunch take a 100 calorie Arnold's roll, put some drained canned albacor tuna on it with a slice of swiss cheese and some romaine lettuce.

For a dinner...quinoa with grilled chicken.

Grill up some chicken strips and mix with pesto sauce, add to a portion of whole weat pasta. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and red pepper flakes.

Make a greek salad: feta cheese, baby romaine/spring mix lettuce, grape tomatoes, raw zucchini, kalamata olives and drizzle with olive oil and basalmic vinegar.
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    You can take your "bad" recipes and replace them with the healthy options of things to make it a "better for you" recipe.

I don't not eat because it's not good for me so I don't have much to help you with. I just eat everything in moderation...
  • teresaprid
    teresaprid Posts: 6 Member
    A friend turned me onto kale (a very mild green that is high in lots of good stuff!) and I have been exploring lots of ways to use it. It is a deep green leafy veggie that I think tastes like very mild broccoli when raw. Cooked the flavor seems to blend with everything. To eat it, cut off the stem (or pull of the leaves). I've added it to scrambled eggs with some garlic (fresh garlic or powder). A quick and easy lunch or even snack idea is to cover a tortilla with chopped kale, top with shredded or slices of mozzarella. I've heated this in a skillet and in a toaster oven for a quick quesidilla.

Chicken broth, chopped carrots, chopped kale, lentils basil and chicken make a great soup. I got the recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic cookbook.

I was using the baby carrots for the convenience, but recently started buying bags of carrots again. Wow! What a flavorful change!

If you've never tried soy milk, Soy Slender might be worth a taste. My teenage daughter and I love the chocolate and the vanilla. If I am just needing something, it satisfies and sustains me. :-)

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Actually a food "rut" is a good thing. Most people eat what they like=Culturally reared on, most of the time. These foods are comfort foods and familiar. My perspective is that this is the way to go because Cultural eating is usually pretty good and healthy, and what is not Healthy can be changed to fit your Lifestyle. For Me, eating veggies and fruits in season, plenty of greens and grains is what I enjoy. However, because of more My Healthy Lifestyle I Substitute fatty meats for lean, less cooking times for greens/veggies, use canola/olive oils...but Habit is GOOD. Every now and then I will eat different foods but they must be Healthy, and even less often I "splurge" on a meal...at a "fancy" restaurant. At one point I "thought" I was eating to same-same, so I changed and gained weight and was unhappy.

If you look at most people's food diaries you will see that they eat basically the same way everyday and change up on occasion.
  • cabbie461
    cabbie461 Posts: 23
    yes. Excellent site.
  • Takotorau
    Takotorau Posts: 28
    I have been inspired this week by friend's food diaries on MFP. Seeing the use of products like quinoa, natural greek yogurt, and different fresh produce has definately given me a few new ideas.