Boca Burgers

Options
LacieLamp
LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
I just had my first Boca burger. It was the Vegan kind not because I'm vegan but because it was lowest in calories (70) and I must say it was REALLY good. I had it on a orowheat sandwich thin roll and all together it was 170 calories but it was sOoOo good!!

Replies

• kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree I love those things! I put ketchup, mustard, and jalapeno slices on mine. They are great for when you don't have a lot of calories left to eat.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    I eat them in my salad, mixed with buckwheat, in wraps..so soo soo tasty!!!
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    And awesome when you really want something that closely resembles a hamburger! Yummy!
  • ericaq
    ericaq Posts: 29
    Options
    I personally like the Boca Spicy chicken patties (not sure on the calorie count) and the tomato brushetta ones (those are like 90 cals). I had a tomato one last night for din with 1/2 a slice of provolone and a little bit of spaghetti sauce. Deeeee-lish!

Morning Star burgers are better tasting than Boca, in my opinion.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    They are quite good, but soy shouldn't be the main source of your protein in my opinion. Also, they are quite high in sodium.
  • ericaq
    ericaq Posts: 29
    Options
    They are quite good, but soy shouldn't be the main source of your protein in my opinion. Also, they are quite high in sodium.

Quorn products, another meat substitute, are made without soy if you're worried about that. With any of these items, yes, sodium is an issue. So, lots of water and limit your processed (sodium filled) foods for other meals throughout the day!
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    Oh I know, I love those so much! I think they are so much better than Gardenburgers, which can sometimes have funny tastes and big chunks in them. I love to get them at Red Robin...they can take any of their burgers (like a Teriyaki BBQ or a California Guacamole burger) and put a boca burger with a whole-wheat bun on it! SO GOOD! :)
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Can you explain why soy shouldn't?
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Can you explain why soy shouldn't?

Just my opinion, but then again, I prefer getting my protein from many sources: beef , eggs, shrimp, whey, and peanuts daily.