HCG diet

Options
Just curious... has anyone on this board done the HCG diet, if so how was it?

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    Personally, i think it's a load of crap. if you stop taking the hormone you can pretty much rest assured that the weight will come right back. it's one of those "get thin quick" things that you can't maintain...
  • kuban24
    kuban24 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have seen people doing it, it gives results but keep in mind that it is necessary a 500 calorie diet daily, the person I saw doing it was weak all the time while doing it as she wasnt getting as many nutrients as the body needed daily...Keep researching about it though
  • sweetiev
    sweetiev Posts: 18
    Options
    Still doing it and loving it so far!
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    I have done the HCG diet, I did the injections medically supervised. I'm on maintenance stage right now. Its amazing to see the pounds drop and I went from 208 to about 180. Sometimes I feel like going back on it when I'm done because it really helped but a part of me would like to do it the hard way thru diet and exercise. HCG worked for me, the first week was tough. I did get a bit of a headache, but I think my body was in shock. Afterward it was easy, and there were times I didn't feel hungry, but you need to eat all of your 500 calories, going lower than 400 was no bueno. As one of the side effects, I was able to lower my blood pressure pills too. :)

Hope this helps.
  • TannaW
    TannaW Posts: 1
    Options
    The HCG diet is NOT healthy....it's just another fad diet....
  • audra0923
    audra0923 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To DCDC 13:
    Have you been able to keep your weight off?
  • GoJoMom2448
    Options
    I have a friend that is doing the HCG and she has lost 30lbs in 35 days following it to a T. If you are heavy enough, eating only 500 calories a day is NOT a bad thing! That's why our bodies store all that fat....It's a "reserve" for when calories are missing and needed for energy. I'd say if someone is light headed or feeling crappy on HCG it's because they arent overweight enough for it in the first place....Just My opinion after a long conversation with My Friend. I agree if You're going to do it, it should be under a Doctor's care though!
  • amsky
    amsky Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've lost OVER 50 lbs doing multiple rounds of HCG over the last 5 months....IT works and YES I've maintained the weight loss as well.
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Yes Audra, I've kept the pounds off. It does go up when I eat salty foods or have a night out bigning, but I think that's normal.
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi! You will get a lot of negitive replys here from people WHO HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE DIET!!!!

It works great! Join us positive people who are on the diet at the link I will leave you. You can do it!
    You will love it and you can have all the support and information you need.

Here is the link for here on MFP: HCG progress/updates PAGE 2 - for people on it or thinking a

All the information you need on this diet can be found at www.hcgloss.com. Please read the book (30 pages)
    Pounds and Inches found here! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sasala1221
    Options
    I'm sorry, but a 500 calorie diet is not healthy !!! I know it's hard but you can do it a healthy way. Make sure your getting enough protein a gram for every pound you way. and you need to eat breakfast, lunch ,dinner with 2 snacks should be good, just watch your calories and walk or jog. You can do it !!!!!
  • sweetiev
    sweetiev Posts: 18
    Options
    Just remember that when you mention you are doing this diet you take all the opinion with a grain of salt, Some are not so nice as I have encountered when it comes to encouragement. But there are others out there that are doing the same things you consider
    Kudos to you and whatever you decide is the right path for you!
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The link to our support group thread for those using or who have used hcg...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/209491-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=3

Good luck to you and whatever you choose I wish you the best!