Hiya!

Options
JellyJaks
JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
My name is Jaclyn but everyone calls me Jaks. I joined MFP last year but have only recently gotten started on exercising and watching my calorie intake. I'd like to lose 110 pounds so it's going to take some doing but I've already lost 9 so I know I can do it.

I exercise using the Wii Fit. Does anyone else use it? I LOVE the exercises on it and my half an hour work out just flies by. My kiddos love watching me do it and my 2 year old will point to the screen to choose which exercises I do each day. He even does yoga with me. He's got excellent form when it comes to the half moon and warrior poses (:

Replies

• LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaks! Welcome!! I love doing the Wii sports with my daughter and have really considered investing in the Wii Fit board. I think I will, because then I can get in an extra half hour and spend time with her as well. I just joined MFP yesterday on the advice of my nutritionist. I love this place. VERY friendly.

Good luck on your journey!!
  • Ash32b
    Ash32b Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome!! I love my Wii I use it for alot of my exercising to:) Don't know if you've tried them yet but Just Dance & Zumba for the Wii are good workout games to. Good Luck!!
  • LizPrice
    LizPrice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just want to wish you good luck with your goal.... You can do it! :)
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    Thanks! We actually bought the Wii purposely so I could use to exercise. Rather I should say that's how my husband talked me into buying it. "But honey just think, you could exercise without going to the gym" It was a major selling point for me since we have 2 boys (10 months and 2 years) and it's ridiculous trying to find someone to watch them just so I can exercise.
  • JellyJaks
    Options
    Welcome!! I love my Wii I use it for alot of my exercising to:) Don't know if you've tried them yet but Just Dance & Zumba for the Wii are good workout games to. Good Luck!!

Ooh thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking for other games that I could have fun and workout with (:
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaks!
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me as a friend.

I have found folks here to be really supportive and positive about our journey. The support and encouragement (+the help with counting calories and learning about my body) are the main reason I am here.

I am new to weight-loss, but not new to exercise. I love my Wii Fit Plus and have used it more than any other exercise program since starting on MFP. I love the jogging program on it because I can do it while watching TV...

I want to try Zumba though!

Glad you've joined. Good luck!
    Amy from Albuquerque