Progress Pics

Options
I wasn't going to share this pic but someone convinced me to. The left side of the pic is me about this time last year. The right side is today. I've been losing a steady 1-2 pounds a week since I've joined MFP. I've met some wonderful people and couldn't do it without their support.

How have I done it so far? I've been consistent and honest. I log my food every day. I exercise almost daily. I usually shoot for some kind of movement 6 days a week. I switched up my workouts from conventional weight lifting to kettlebells 3 days a week.

I've also started running. At first I started running on the treadmill at the gym and then I moved it outdoors. Now I run outdoors 4-5 days a week, rain or shine. Lately I've been training to run a 5k using C25K. I'm now in week 6 of the program. My first 5K is in May and I'm going to kill it. Had you asked me last year about running a 5k, I wouldn't even even think about running one.

Some other things that have helped me along the way are planning, good shoes, and a HRM. Like a lot of people here, I lead a busy life. For all intents and purposes, I'm a single dad. I also work full-time. I have my kids over 50% of the time and they are busy kids. At this time of the year they are in baseball, basketball, and wrestling. We're at practices and games almost 7 days a week. BUT I make sure to have some 'me' time. I make sure to get in some exercise where I can. I know their schedules ahead of time so I plan my workouts around them.

Good shoes...I can't say it enough. BUY GOOD SHOES. If you're a runner or want to run, this is one of the best investments you can make. Go to a running store that employs people who actually run. Have them fit and test you. It makes that much of a difference. Good shoes aren't cheap, but your health is priceless.

Buy an HRM. It takes all the guess work out of how many calories you're burning. If you're a numbers nerd like I am, it gives you a clearer picture of how you're doing.

I'm no where near where I plan to be but my planning has gotten me 24lbs closer to that goal.

**edit**

I wanted to add that I got serious on January 3rd of this year. All my progress has been since that day. I have the same shirt on in both pics. Also, I haven't given up my comfort foods either. I just eat less of them. Heck, I'm an islander...we BBQ all the damn time!

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• climbingbear
    climbingbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, keep up the good work.
  • candacedianne
    candacedianne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep it up!!!
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Your awesome!!
    Truly an inspiration.
    I got myself a HRM and I just started off on a very realistic running program.
    I say realistic because it starts off really slow (walking for the next two weeks) and it slowly moves you to walking faster, then jogging, and running.

Great to see someone else who has made amazing progress.

Hopefully I will be able to tell a similar story in a year.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You look great!! Awesome job!
  • RobertV1452
    RobertV1452 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it up.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wow that is so Fab! You look great, keep it up and BIG CONGRATS!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing and inspiring difference! So proud of you and your hard work!!

Awesome job, Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • arisbett
    arisbett Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow What a difference!!! You look great!!!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You are an inspiration to this site!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the progress!! WTG!!! Keep up the good work! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job... you look fabulous!! Congrats on your success. :drinker:
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up and you'll reach your goal weight sooner than you think :smile:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story ;)
    look great....keep up the good work!
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so much younger too! Keep up the good work!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You honestly inspire me every day. We've been doing this almost the same amount of time and I can always count on you to kick my a** into gear when I need it! I'm really proud of the progress you've made. So happy you decided to share your success thus far. GREAT JOB my friend!!
  • doitday
    doitday Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm so excited for you...keep up the good work, you look great!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!!
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    Congrats & keep up the great work!! Woohoo!!
  • DaisyBayberry
    Options
    You look fantastic! Good for you! And that is quite an accomplishment with your busy life! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!