8 cups of water?

Options
Okay so this maybe a stupid question, but I know on here it says they recommend 8 cups of water a day. Now does that mean 8 glasses of water or like 8 measuring cups of water. hahaha I feel kind of stupid asking this, but I'm just curious :)

Replies

• slyerly33
    Options
    8 of 8 is the general rule. 8 glasses of 8 oz. measurement of water.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
    8oz.
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    yes i go by 8 of 8 also.... or 4 bottled waters (16.9 0z)...
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    yes i go by 8 of 8 also.... or 4 bottled waters (16.9 0z)...
  • marspec1maven
    Options
    Im believing it to be 8 8oz glasses of water. At first i thought it was extreme but after 2 (approx) weeks on MFP I find it quite do-able. I carry a Nalgene or Camelbak bottle with me that is easy to open and drink out of. I have always mage a large pot of Celestial Seasonings Green tea and guzzled that room temperature through the day so i count it towards my water consumption also. The water is a great way to fill your belly in-between meals or snacks.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    64 oz. is the recommendation... 8- 8oz. glasses. 1 measuring cup= 8 fluid oz

Also you should strive to drink your daily allotment in plain water. If you drink tea or coffee match each cup with a glass of water since they have a diuretic effect.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    8 measuring cups.
    Drink about 4 16.9 oz bottles a day and good to go.
  • eliana51
    eliana51 Posts: 7
    Options
    Exactly 64Oz of water :)
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    64 oz of water may be the recommended daily amount, but I prefer the "drink at least half your weight in ounces".

So, at my boyant 194, I need to drink 97oz of water, or approximately 12-8oz glasses.

Since we're all working on our weight/health/fitness, hydration is a huge issue. Better to drink more than less.