Alli????

Options
Has anyone tried the Alli weight loss pill? If so, what is your opinion? Good or bad....

Replies

• jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did and I liked it, you just really have to keep track of your food and be prepared to not eat much fat. Otherwise, it worked for me!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I heard...and this is gross, be warned. I heard that it gave people the runs really bad, like ruined underwear AND pants bad....
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    About 4 years ago I gave it a try. Im going to be VERY graphic. If you are not SUPER careful about your fat intake it will solidify the fats and make it go through your digestive system, and then excrete it out your butt, sometimes without any warning. AND, it will drip out. AND, everyone I know that has tried it, this has happened to. It is a good pill because it will bind to all the fats and it WILL make the user learn to watch their fats because it is HORRIBLE to have that happen to you. So, I will say this again, there is no magic pill out there that will just make you skinny. We didnt get heavy over night, and we wont lose it over night.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are bad in general. Just an opinion Diet and excersize works best:wink:
  • oStephhanie
    oStephhanie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have. I actually like it- but I don't think it works as advertised.

The reason you lose weight on it is because you're so afraid that you will, um, have an accident that you eat next to nothing. Sorry, trying to be as polite as possible.

It is supposed to block the fat, but if you consume too much fat (normally more than 15 grams per meal for most people) you experience some leakage effects. I never experienced these myself- because while on it I cut out all fat from my diet from paranoia. And that's not good- you need some fat in your diet. I plan to start using them again, just working up the nerve. =)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can tell you what I observed of the person sitting next to me at work that took it.
    He quickly learned to closely monitor the amount of 'fat' in the food he was eating--- because Alli is a fat exterminator :angry: --- It's like a bouncer at a bar--- it grabs fat and ejects it out the back door :sick: -- whether the exit door is open or not. :wink:

Yes, it wasn't uncommon for him to NOT make it to the restroom "in time"-- if you catch my drift.
    He started bring extra clothes to work.
    Once he got the hang of knowing what not to eat, that "issue" subsided.
  • greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, let me just say: DON'T DO IT. Counting calories has worked MUCH better for me and makes me a lot more aware of what I'm doing/ eating. The Alli was me trying to take the "easy" way out and... uh-uh it was not easy. Couldn't do it for more than a month and I didn't even lose any weight.
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet pill. It works in your digestive system and isn't absorbed in your bloodstream. I like it. Since I only take it when I'm on a healthy-eating program, I've never had any ill effects. I figure it's a small help in preventing absorption of some of the fat/calories I eat. The general rule is your fat grams shouldn't exceed 15 grams, I think, per meal, and you won't have any problems.