C25K W7D2- Attempt #4!

Options
Today was my fourth time attempting a 25 minute straight run for the C25K program. W6D3 (which I ran twice because I had gotten a little of my schedule of running days), W7D1, and today was W7D2. Today was also the first time that I made it through the entire 25 minutes without stopping! On the first attempt, I ran for 23.5 minutes and walked the last 1.5 minutes. On the second attempt I ran 19 minutes, walked a minute and ran the last 5 minutes. The third attempt was after a 30+ hour driving trip on which I drove 21 hours personally, so I did run 12 minutes, walk 3, run 4, walk 2, run 4...not very great, but still 20 out of 25 minutes and I was EXHAUSTED.

Today I lowered my speed from 5.0 to 4.8 and was finally feeling rested after that road trip and I finally got through that monster of a run! I am feeling so proud of myself and accomplished! I never thought I would hit that 25 minute mark...I even felt like I still had some gas at the end, which I haven't felt since like the beginning of week 5!! My calves didn't feel like the muscles were turning to stone at the end of the run either, which is what has happened for the last few runs. My legs have just been feeling like lead and like my thighs are lifting dead weight, but not today. I am feeling so great and fit and bubbly that I had to shout about it!!! :D I have already helped to inspire a couple of people to start the C25K program and what better reward is there than being able to pay it forward and inspire others!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    25 minutes is a long time for most of us especially without a break...i hate that stupied lead leg feeling. keep at it.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! Congrats to you - that is awesome! I will be doing W5D3 - the 20 min. run - tomorrow! I did W5D2 yesterday without cheating - but the last 15 seconds of the last running interval about killed me! (I run outside and it was uphill at the very end - a very SLOW uphill for me!). Tomorrow I will be planning my course better and hoping for NO hills!

Congrats to you - you are totally inspiring!!!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Before you know it you'll be able to run for an hour!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    YEAH!!!! Congrats to you - that is awesome! I will be doing W5D3 - the 20 min. run - tomorrow! I did W5D2 yesterday without cheating - but the last 15 seconds of the last running interval about killed me! (I run outside and it was uphill at the very end - a very SLOW uphill for me!). Tomorrow I will be planning my course better and hoping for NO hills!

Good luck with your run!! I do it on a treadmill with 0% incline...I wouldn't be able to do it with hills yet. ;)
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. I am on week 4. I thought the last 5 minute run of week 4 was hard. Even if I have to repeat a week I know I am not alone! The biggest thing is to listen to your body. Thank you for sharing. I cannot wait to get to week 7 now.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

OOOHHHH that is great. I run outside if the weather permits. We got 10 inches of snow and then 5 more a few days later so I haven't been able to run outside like I usually do, but I have been doing an incline of 1.5 to 2% to try to keep up!