ello ello!

Options
sculptcha
sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
Hello all,

I am new to MFP, just been tracking my diet and exercise for a few days so far. I'm thirty-one, and always struggled and yo-yoed with my weight. I've had periods of being semi-fit, but they were short-lived, as I get impatient and expect miracles to happen overnight, and when they didn't, I'd give up. I've been wanting to lose some weight and get in shape for a very long time, but just lacked the motivation and self-discipline.

Also, I was in a long-distance relationship for the past two years, so a lot of my time was spent at home in front of the computer on skype or something, a very sedentary two years. A couple weeks ago, however, my long-distance boyfriend started seeing someone else, which kick-started me into action (we're still best friends, in case anyone cares to know :D). The breakup may have been the catalyst, but I've realized that the only way this is going to work is if I do it for myself, and not to prove anything to anyone else.

Anyway, I've just been reading some of the posts here, and am amazed by how supportive this community is, and I'm so glad I found it! And the iphone app is AWESOME! I absolutely love it. MFP makes it sooo easy to keep track of what I put into my body and how much energy I expend, so I can focus on other things, and not get discouraged. Well, I'm sure you've all heard the praise a million times before. :)

I guess what I'm getting at in a roundabout way is that I look forward to interacting with everyone, and giving/receiving much needed support. And please add me as a friend!

Replies

• Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome momma! This is the right place to be!! I have never been able to stick to something for so long but My Fitness Pal makes it easy. We are here to support you in your goals!!
  • shelimac
    shelimac Posts: 12
    Options
    welcome to the MFP family!!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Glad you could join us, and you will get so much support and motivation here, you will want nothing more than to succeed.

Start getting active on the posts and with your food and exercise programs and before you know it, you will be well on your way.

I am always glad to offer support and accountabitilty. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Feel free to add me as a friend.