Bump???

Options
JPayne53
JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
Haha... I'm so not with it... I see people who say "bump" to a post... this is the only site I communicate on on the internet (I'm not a big fan of Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so I'm not very familiar with what it means but I'm guessing it means... "I would like to know also"??? Please tell me if I'm wrong! :blushing:

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    its used to bump a good topic up so others can read it
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ha ha, close, but it actually means moving the thread up so that others can see it because the person bumping it thinks it is important enough that everyone should read it or that they want to know the answer too.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Most people do it for one of two reasons. 1. to keep it at the top of the thread bored to get more answers or 2. to add it to thier "my topics" so they can keep up with it. Don't worry about not knowing. It took me 3 weeks to figure out what in the world HRM was...lol. (and I had to google it..lol)
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    I had to ask, too. From what I have been told, bump moves the topic to the top of the recent posts so more people can continue to be exposed because yes, the "bumper" is also interested and the more people that respond, the more information or opinions you will receive. When you are the "bumper" this topic will now also be displayed in your "My Topics" list (as with any topic you comment on), so it will be easy for you to come back to later. Hope this helps.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    someone told me that it bumps the topic up to the top of the list of posts. I don't get it!
  • JasonVickers
    JasonVickers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump normally refers to a post that has not been answered and making its way to the bottom of the page, Bump simply adds to the post which in turn brings it back to the top to make it more current, in hope that someone like me is going to read it and respond.

Hence bumping it back up to the top.

Oh dear, the inner geek is coming out!!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Haha... I'm so not with it... I see people who say "bump" to a post... this is the only site I communicate on on the internet (I'm not a big fan of Twitter, Facebook, etc.) so I'm not very familiar with what it means but I'm guessing it means... "I would like to know also"??? Please tell me if I'm wrong! :blushing:

No worries!! It took me weeks to figure out what the heck NSV meant.. and I also had to google it to figure it out.
    (Non Scale Victory, by the way :flowerforyou: )
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm really not with it. How do you "BUMP"?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    like this bump.gif
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    haha...I couldn't figure out "NSV" for the longest!!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm so glad someone finally asked. I was clueless here too! :laugh:
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options

just have to type bump

that should have done it