want to lose 25 lbs by july

Options
Hey guys, well i been on MFP for like 3 weeks and havent lost anything. i work out like beast and try my best to stay in my calories but oh man when i workout like a beast i want to eat like one lol anyone have that problem? I need help!!!

Replies

• sschmatz13
    Options
    if your doing cardio like a beast you might not be training in the proper zone that is burning calores.
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I see that you are also a runner. What are your daily NET CALORIES looking like? If you are running a ton, you need to EAT HEALTHY and make sure that your NET CALORIES are AT LEAST 1200. If not, your body will start to HOLD ONTO FAT.

This very thing happened to me during my last marathon training season. I went to Weight Watchers to lose weight while training. I followed their plan religiously and GAINED 4lbs in the first month (while running over 200mi that month). I was devastated! I took my month-long food and exercise journal to the leader, and she said I was overeating @ 1200 calories a day! They didn't take in the fact that I was burning a TON of calories through my runs. Essentially, I was starving and malnutritioned.

You need to make sure that your body has the fuel it needs. Remember that MFP ALREADY HAS YOU AT A 500 CAL/DAY DEFICIT. If you aren't getting AT LEAST 1200 NET CALORIES A DAY, you are telling your body to hoard food/calories for your upcoming runs/exercise. I know it sounds crazy, but you need to eat in order to lose.

There are days when you will be eating 1800 or more calories, but your NET CALORIES will be 1200. That's ok. Just make sure that you are filling up on: whole grains, fruits/veggies, lean protein (ie reduced fat peanut butter, nuts, chicken, fish, etc.), beans, etc. Get plenty of water. Get your 8 hours of sleep. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Feel free to friend me. You are going to KICK *kitten* in that marathon!
    Shan:wink:
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Check out sodium levels, those can greatly impact your results. And make sure not to go under 1200 calories or your body will go into starvation mode and not lose weight either. Also, include a couple days of strength training a week.

You can do this!!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Buy the South Beach Diet. Healthiest way to eat. Doesn't just tell you how to eat, it explains why you eat certain foods and not others. Makes you a smarter eater.

It also burns off pounds in the first two phases (first especially), so if you need to drop fast, it is a good way.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you didn't work out before and are just starting your body will be building muscle mass which may explain it. Be sure you are getting enough to drink and that you eat enough to fuel that beast.
    Healthy thoughts your way!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing & measuring your food? Most people underestimate what they are eating. Are you using a heart rate monitor to get a better idea of the calories you are burning? "working out like a beast" is totally subjective & based on your current fitness level.

Example: At lunch time I went on a 30 minute walk with some ladies at work. Some of them were sweating & refused to walk back up the stairs; had to take the elevator because they were so tired. My heart rate didn't elevate too much and it wasn't much of a calorie burn for me.
  • paigemang♥
    Options
    Get lots of buddies on here to help you and stay motivated!! :happy:

you can add me if you like. Def would go with eating your calories back and lots of water :drinker:
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Try and get as much cardio exercise as possible. It'll help get you fit and tone your body too. My target is July too.
  • Sambucagirl
    Sambucagirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The trick when you want to feel like you've really eaten a meal is to pack it up with healthy and low calorie vegetables or salad, when you see a full plate youre head s more likely to think you are full at the end and vegetables fill you up really well. Definitely make sure you are eating enough good food like someone commented above, you do need to be eating enough, protein is very good for muscles. also try not eating much card at night if you can as you are less likely to burn it off then.
  • goldbull
    goldbull Posts: 9
    Options
    When I worked out at the gym I found that I was very hungry. It was almost like- all my blood would get going and send a signal to my brain that in order to keep up this level of energy it wanted to be fed. I switched over to deep water aerobics and I don't recall being so hungry. You are not immagining things. The best weight loss I ever accomplished was when I left the gym except for one day a week &stayed under my calories. I lost 30 lbs. at the rate of a pound per week. After several years I stopped counting calories....so here I am again to loose the 20 pounds I put back on.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When I worked out at the gym I found that I was very hungry. It was almost like- all my blood would get going and send a signal to my brain that in order to keep up this level of energy it wanted to be fed. I switched over to deep water aerobics and I don't recall being so hungry. You are not immagining things. The best weight loss I ever accomplished was when I left the gym except for one day a week &stayed under my calories. I lost 30 lbs. at the rate of a pound per week. After several years I stopped counting calories....so here I am again to loose the 20 pounds I put back on.

:noway:
    I bet if you kept up on the strength training at the gym, you wouldn't have put back on 20lbs!
    Don't stop strength training!

How many calories are you eating daily? How many are you burning?
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone on all your wonderful replies. Honestly i had a child about 2 years ago she was 10lbs 4oz! and weighed I 201 at day i gave birth i lost 40 lbs but it seems i stopped there. I have been working out since i was 21 years and and i love competitive trianing. although my picture doesnt look like i work out much lol i tend to be very fit and stronger then most think. I think maybe i hit a plateau or my body got used to the ecerxise i been doing . All your information has bee very helpful and i appreciate it!!