Over carbs...

Options
hey im just wondering... I'm over my carbs and by the end of the day it may be about 200g over. If this is one of maybe 3 times I really have gone over my carbs, is that ok? I'm still about 600-700 calories under my goal

Replies

• andreadawn78
    Options
    You have to remember your body burns your carbs first so if you are not working out a whole lot then whatever carbs and fat you have left will be stored in the body.
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
    I'm not working out. I have basketball practice 1-2 times per week, and then the gym once per week. I'm not going to the gym today
  • RichGebs
    Options
    any1 one else?
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    try not to be under your calorie goal so much, and try to up your protein - this will keep you fuller and less likely to eat carbs!
    i know controlling carbs is difficult! try to think about alternative carb sources like veg, which of course has tons of other benefits.

i'm saying all this though i haven't seen your diary, so i apologise if it isn't actually useful to you!
  • Starshine05
    Options
    If you're still following this thread..... if your calories are still under target, then you won't gain weight (regardless of the other macronutrients you're eating). However, your diet is likely to be unbalanced if you keep missing out on your other nutrients in favour of carbs, which is not ideal for best health. Aim to gradually shift the balance :)
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Thanks so much. I'm glad that today's carb "overdose" won't ruin me :) also my diary is public sooooooo if you see I never/extremely rarely go over my carbs so hopefully I'll be ok :))))
  • RichGebs
    Options
    .. any more thoughts?