looking for an app to track outdoor workouts

Options
any good apps for androids that help to track outdoor and indoor activities like walking, running, cycling. has to be foolproof and easy! lol i am considering cardio trainer? and how does ti work exactly. will it give me calories burned and such?

Replies

• jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper.com it works on the iphone, blackberry, and android. It's a little bit iffy in cities where there are lots of tall buildings, but besides that it's extremely reliable and easy to use. I've logged 379 miles with it so far, and don't plan to stop now. It estimates your calories based on height/weight pace and elevation change, but the estimates (at least for my body weight) seem to be a bit high. You can also use certain heart rate monitors along with it depending on your phone in order to get a more accurate count.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use sporty pal for all my outdoor stuff...love it!
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Rhiani
    Rhiani Posts: 9
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer on my Droid, I like that it combines GPS functionality with pedometer functionality so I can get a fairly accurate idea of my exercise impact even when I can't get a good GPS signal. It does calculate calories burned based on the type of activity you choose, and personal data you enter (i.e. your weight, stride length).

I recently got an HRM and have compared the values on my HRM to the values in CardioTrainer and have found (for me at least) that CardioTrainer is somewhat conservative, but still close enough that I feel comfortable using it if I can't use my HRM for some reason..
  • CorletteB
    Options
    The best one that I use is JogTracker you can log onto it on the web useing that same name also. You could get it out of the Andriod Market it's free. It tracks everything for me than I can log on at the end of the day I can check it. It works great and keeps me motivated. I have lost 30 pounds my start date was Jan. 23rd, 2011 I have 15 pounds to get 2 my goal.

Happy Tracking!
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thank u! much love
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun.com has a mobile verson that is pretty good.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is fantastic. I use mine on my iPhone but the droid versions gets good reviews as well.