Tips to add water in my day?

Options
I am having a hard time getting out of the soda rut. Mind you, its diet and has no calories but I know I need more water. I drink water at the gym and that is pretty much it. I go to the gym 5 days a week and do 90 mins of cardio. I know I need to get more water in my day but I just don't really drink that much at all. I don't like those flavor packages either. HELP!!!!

Replies

• Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I discovered Mio Liquid water enhancer at my grocery store this week. It is like the flavor packets but actually good. It is 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 sugar, 0 carb, has a variety of flavors and actually tastes pretty decent. What I really like about this stuff is it is a liquid in a squeezy bottle so you can add as much or as little flavor as you want. I've been rockin the peach tea in my water today and have had about 72 oz so far.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I always start my day off with water as soon as I get out of bed. . .for me that seems to get the routine going for the rest of the day. Also if you're able to always keep water close-by where you can see it then that will help you to "remember" it. Good luck!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Don't be fooled that just because soda is diet it's not bad for you! All sodas contain acids which are harmful to your teeth. That said, get yourself a refillable water bottle and carry that around with you. Try iced herbal teas, my favorites are the berry and zinger varieties, Celestial seasons has some that make great iced teas and I think they are good without sugar, but I guess you could add fake sugar if you don't agree. Good luck, and drink up!!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    This may be helpful. I try to drink a full bottle of water with each meal. Not only is it a good way to get my water in but it helps fill me up as well.

Good luck!
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I discovered Mio Liquid water enhancer at my grocery store this week. It is like the flavor packets but actually good. It is 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 sugar, 0 carb, has a variety of flavors and actually tastes pretty decent. What I really like about this stuff is it is a liquid in a squeezy bottle so you can add as much or as little flavor as you want. I've been rockin the peach tea in my water today and have had about 72 oz so far.

I finally got the chance to try it as well and will definitely be getting more this weekend; got the peach mango one just to try and I am hooked :-) I was never a water drinker and after awhile of trying the flavor packs I would start getting bad heartburn so had to stop and used that as an excuse to go back to my sprite. Well now I have a can of sprite maybe every couple days and that is it; it is more of a treat now then a crutch...as for drinking my water - yeah with Mi0 in the house -there is no problem.
  • helthymom6
    Options
    I love putting lemon or lime slices in my glass. Then I just keep refilling it all day long. the added benefit is that lemon and lime are good for the digestion and speeding up your metabolism. I started at about 6 glasses a day now I am between 12-14
  • dove_song1
    dove_song1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it to a schedule. My daily goal is half my body weight in ounces of water. I'm a big girl still so that is the equivalent of just over 4 liters a day. I have a 1 liter bottle that I refill. I try to drink 1 bottle worth of water every 3 hours or less. Now, I'm so used to drinking the water by the time limit, that I don't really have to pay attention anymore.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've always been a water drinker, but the best thing I ever did was get a Culligan water cooler for those 5 gal jugs...the water is SO good, I want to drink more. I rent mine, (it's $8 a month) but you can buy the water coolers for like $80. If I run out before the monthly delivery of new jugs, I take them to the grocery store or WalMart and refill them. For drinking it, I use a Nalgene bottle, they're 32 oz. I start in on the water right after my morning coffee is finished (can't live without it, don't really want to try!) and I make sure I drink 3 full Nalgene bottles a day, not counting what I drink at the gym. I make sure I NEVER leave the house without a full bottle of water, and I work on it all day.

One note, caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it makes you lose water. If you are drinking diet soda that has caffeine, you need to drink MORE water--a general rule would be for each glass of soda, you need an extra glass of water--just to break even for what the caffeine makes you lose.
  • cerob
    cerob Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    what's your daily routine like (work/home/etc)? i'm behind a desk at work most of day and i have a water cooler five feet from me, so i make it a point to constantly drink...and refill...my water bottle. by the end of my work day, i'm 12-14 glasses deep and i don't realize it half the time.
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For the most part I work from home. Occasionally I will have meetings and other things outside of my apartment. I walk my dog daily and go to the gym 5-6 times a week. Also, my food diary is public so feel free to check it out.

Small victory - Just had a bottle of water!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

i love those! i've tried 3 of them so far. they definitely get me to drink more water.
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i was looking at your food diary and your calorie intake is really low.
  • glendeb
    glendeb Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I drink my water from a glass - it means I drink much more than just sipping from a bottle.