question about shapeup sneakers

denisec26
denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
ok i'm not here to ask if they work or not, i know im not gonna magically loose weight or anything. im asking what shoe is better.

i bought the sketchers xf's off of ebay and today i was at the mall and tried on a pair along with another shapeups sneakers called action packed.

the action packed has more of a platform and when trying both on- the action packed felt like there was more toning to it, it felt like i had to stabalize more.

the xf have a smaller platform.

now i dont know if i should return the ones i got for the other, bigger pair.

im going to be walking, slighly jogging, maybe doing a workout dvd in them (if possible), on the site it says the xf's are made for that sorta thing but idk..i fell like the bigger ones feel like theres more work to them..

anyone have any of these? which do u think is better?

Replies

• i just bought a pair of them as well.... i am also wondering how well they work, and do they do more toning, help you burn more calories etc? i will be checking back to see what ppl say
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    I say ditch the sketchers and get the reebox (SP) ones. I love my retones!!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    i can say i have one of the original shape ups extra thick soles and I wouldn't work out hard in them. I swear by their support and how great my feet and back feel after working at the hospital, but i feel like doing 30ds would cost me my ankle in them. for harder work outs i would suggest sticking to the lower platform
  • cindyss
    cindyss Posts: 10 Member
    It's gonna be a personal choice, I have had Skechers and Avias, not sure what style # but they are more bulky than some I've tried on. I do alot of walking ( 6-10 miles a couple times a week) and very little jogging, I like them because my heel doesn't bother me like when I wear regular (flat) tennies. If you can afford to keep both , that's what I would do, and rotate them and see which ones work better for each activity.
This discussion has been closed.