small little success...but it feels good.

Options
So i had struggled with my weight for many years and after reaching maintenance i was terrified i would gain it back. i stop exercising for a year but stayed pretty good about my food and did not gain a single pound :) This is when i knew that my life had changed permanently... the right way... no more vicious yoyo-ing. So for a while i felt like the skinny fat person... yes i lost a lot of weight but i felt flabby and out of shape... this is when i decided to add strength training to my exercise regime. Since i started strength training, i have gained about 10 lbs. I see my legs being the biggest difference. i had toothpicks before... now they are curvy tight and STRONG. ... despite everything, i always went to the gym covered up, with baggy sweaters loose sweatpants... because i guess deep inside, i always felt like the fat girl trying to loose weight... but i changed this the other day. i bought figure hugging pants. i am no longer hiding my flabby arms (i hid my arms for years, so to show them, specially at the gym was a big deal). I feel stronger and healthier than ever and even though i still have a bit to go, i'm doing it with my head up high and radiating confidence and whether you are staring at my stretchmarks or my love handles .. . this is me... and i really appreciate myself for not giving up this time... for loving me enough :)
I feel i've become stronger physically, but more so emotionally.

So i'm buying myself one of those cute gym outfits that i never though i would wear in a million years and saying.. **** it... :blushing:

so for those of you that haven't seen my before/after shot... just to give you an idea... here it is..
beforepicture.png

This is me at the gym feeling unstoppable: And i hope everyone can feel this way not just at the gym but on your every day life because there really isn't anything that you cannot accomplish when you love yourself enough to do so.

100_2673.jpg

No more being ashamed and hiding under my old baggy clothes. I have worked hard to get to were i am and im gonna flaunt it even if i am not perfect.

100B2590.jpg

100B2800.jpg

I can see my quads growing! :
100B2810.jpg

100B2630.jpg

100B2781.jpg

Thank you all for motivating me when i felt i wasn't going to make it
much love
-Kelly

Replies

• DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    omg total motivation!
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    that's what it is all about
  • Cashley21
    Cashley21 Posts: 15
    Options
    You look great! Your legs are awesome!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think its a big success! I'm so glad that you are confident now. You look fantastic but its even better that you feel fantastic. Congratulations!!!
  • shamekaq4
    shamekaq4 Posts: 24
    Options
    WOW... U look great!!!!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    LOVE your success story! You've totally turned your life around and you look amazing! :)
  • colombiana444
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • RedL1988
    RedL1988 Posts: 55
    Options
    how come I can not see the before after pic?
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the glimpse of what's to come if keep at it :-)
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Not a SMALL success at all. Congratulations
  • EJLundberg
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success! It's off to the gym for me:happy:
  • colombiana444
    Options
    how come I can not see the before after pic?

you should be able to. they are in my profile too.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    What a great job, you should be so proud of your success! Big Congrats and Thanks for sharing! Keep it up!
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    great work! you're looking fantastic.
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should definitely be showing off your hot bod! You've worked hard to get to where you are! Way to go!!!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous now! Perfection!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    You look great!! How long have you been strength training for??
  • colombiana444
    Options
    total like 4 months :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!