Ways to eat Guac?

Options
kg006
kg006 Posts: 6 Member
I LOVE guac but eating it with tortilla chips isn't exactly healthy. So, what are some more ways I can eat it, mainly for lunch?

Thanks!

Replies

• teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Use it instead of dressing on top of a salad. Delicious!
  • Kiki_009
    Kiki_009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I put it on top of cucumber slices the other day. Pretty yummy.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As a condiment is always delicious like on a sandwich or with vegetables as a dip.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I buy corn tortillas, spray with a little cooking spray and bake them. Much healthier than chips.
  • seeingthelight4444
    Options
    Reduced fat triscuits and Guac is my knew craving.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    With a spoon, straight out of a bowl? :D
  • hiya2rose
    Options
    mmm yes grilled tortilla wrap!
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    on top of chicken is great!
  • Jessilynmorgan
    Jessilynmorgan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All of you are brilliant! Keep those ideas coming, I would eat guacamole every day but for the chips!
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

That sounds SO good. I would have never even thought of that. LOL. Thanks for this!
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I top my salads at lunch with it! Great change from salad dressings.
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, all of these amazing ideas! Thank you all for this. So glad I came to this thread. Lots of new things to try :)
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    I buy corn tortillas, spray with a little cooking spray and bake them. Much healthier than chips.

I second this it's super good
  • lperezlopes
    Options
    Egg white omelet with avacado, You could also try this Avacado Taco recipe: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/avocado-tacos/Detail.aspx
  • snuggadee
    Options
    I've used it as a sandwich spread, including turkey burgers, in lieu of mayo; I also once made deviled eggs, using avocado instead of mayo. They were pretty tasty! Even my boyfriend enjoyed them, and he's not into "healthy versions" of things he likes. So that must mean they were pretty good! Avocado also replaces yogurt in a smoothie, making them really creamy.
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options

That sounds SO good. I would have never even thought of that. LOL. Thanks for this!

I did this just tonight...literally. Instead of your "traditional" guac I just mashed a plain avacado...it was wonderful!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Spread 1tbsp. onto a fresh lettuce leaf, sprinkle on a little taco seasoning and some shredded carrot. Roll it up and eat. So fresh and yummy!

Also, kale chips. Rub fresh kale leaves with a little oil, sprinkle on garlic powder and a dash of sea salt. Bake til crisp.

:)
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take 1 piece of Oat Nut bread (the big wide pan kind), 2 oz of turkey breast and a 100 calorie pack of Wholly guacamole. I usually toast the bread and have that with fruit like red grapes or an apple for lunch at work. It is delish!!!
    Ironically, the guac packs were seen last night on Biggest Loser---they are really good!

I don't eat much mayo so it is a great substitute. It is also good on a burger with a little salsa or pepper jack cheese. Really good on a turkey breast burger.
  • kg006
    kg006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the ideas! They're exactly what I was looking for!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hot Avocado and Shrimp Soup

1 small onion, diced
    2 stalks celery, chopped fine
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 bay leaf
    4 sprigs parsley
    1 cup sour cream
    1/8 cup chopped chives
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, roughly chopped
    1/2 cup cooked small shrimp, shelled, de-veined

Place onion, celery, broth, bay leaf, parsley, salt & pepper in a large saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve stock.

Place avocados in blender or food processor; puree avocados while slowly adding stock.

When mixture is smooth, return to saucepan and heat gently; add shrimp. Cook over low heat until heated thoroughly, do not boil.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream atop each serving, and sprinkle with chopped chives.

Garnish with a slice of Fresh Avocado and sprig of cilantro