Jillian Michaels DVD challenge anyone??

Options

Replies

• kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up the 30day shred and then will be moving on to another. Not sure which one yet.

How did u go with it? Give u good results?
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 today...Man i was SOO bloody sore. But i new if i put it off to do tonight i just wouldnt do it at all. & now im twice as sore....But feel so good at the same time lol

I have trouble doing even the modified push ups i just cant get my body it the right position lol..... have always hated those! But the killer is the weight lifting with side lunge! man i so cant lift my arms up after that workout haha
  • juliefears
    juliefears Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D1. I completed it after a 20 minute TurboJam workout, so I was already warmed up and thought it might be a little easier, but NO. I feel great though! Only 29 more days to go for me!
  • linmill11
    linmill11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 today...Man i was SOO bloody sore. But i new if i put it off to do tonight i just wouldnt do it at all. & now im twice as sore....But feel so good at the same time lol

I have trouble doing even the modified push ups i just cant get my body it the right position lol..... have always hated those! But the killer is the weight lifting with side lunge! man i so cant lift my arms up after that workout haha

I feel the same way... my modified push ups are a killer! And I usually use smaller weights for the side lunge things or I won't be able to finish them!
  • kaylah_x
    Options

I feel the same way... my modified push ups are a killer! And I usually use smaller weights for the side lunge things or I won't be able to finish them!

Yeah how she says that there is a straight line from her knees to back i seriously can not go that far out haha so kinda looks like im just on hands and knees in a crawl position lol

What size weights u use? Mine are 1kg ea. i only have bigger than that....hopefully it doesnt take to many days to get used to it!
  • nomayyy
    nomayyy Posts: 28
    Options
    I did the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout and I felt so good after!! I like that feeling you get after you finish one of her dvds.. it's like YES it's done but at the same time it's a proud feeling that you can endure a pretty rough workout :).

Anyways! I just wondered, do you myfitnessspallers* do weight training on your own to build muscle? Or is doing a Jillian Michaels' dvd considered a workout that includes weight training??
  • linmill11
    Options

Yeah how she says that there is a straight line from her knees to back i seriously can not go that far out haha so kinda looks like im just on hands and knees in a crawl position lol

What size weights u use? Mine are 1kg ea. i only have bigger than that....hopefully it doesnt take to many days to get used to it!

I use 5 lb weights for everything in the video except the side lunge arm raise things I use 3 lb weights... with both of them my arms are burning!!!!
  • kaylah_x
    Options

I use 5 lb weights for everything in the video except the side lunge arm raise things I use 3 lb weights... with both of them my arms are burning!!!!

yeah i think i might get my 2.5kg ones out for the other exercises too.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout and I felt so good after!! I like that feeling you get after you finish one of her dvds.. it's like YES it's done but at the same time it's a proud feeling that you can endure a pretty rough workout :).

Anyways! I just wondered, do you myfitnessspallers* do weight training on your own to build muscle? Or is doing a Jillian Michaels' dvd considered a workout that includes weight training??

Right now as far as weight training, I am only working on the Jillian Michael's DVDs. I have no experience in weight training and was only doing cardio pre-Shred, so I feel like right now her DVDs are enough strength training for me to build muscle. I am 13 day in and I already feel like I have made significant improvement in my arm muscles, so I think its doing its job. :) The leg strength exercises have not been quite as challenging, but I imagine I am also toning there. After I finish the Shred and Ripped in 30 I would like to start doing weight training to continue to maintain/build muscle mass and strength.
  • Enaz29
    Enaz29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am doing Ripped in 30. Today is the 3 day level1 and my muscles are killing me but it's worth it!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    Today we had visitors up for the night and so i was planning on not doing anything but it played on my mind allll day. So i ended up doing a workout tonight! Which i have NEVER done before. But i feel so good now that i have.

Day 4 of L1...Im kinda getting bored with it. Not sure if i should move it up to L2 or not...I dont want to end up quitting it all together cos of boredom.
  • futureflaka
    futureflaka Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So I finally got my 30 day shred in the mail today. I was soo excited I popped it right into my laptop to take a looksy...I wanted to see what I was getting myself into. I had heard horror stories about this workout, but as I was watching I was feeling pretty confident I would be able to kick that workouts *kitten*. ummm ...WRONG!!! Once I actually started the workout, I was doing pretty well, but after the jumping jacks/ jump rope, my legs felt like jello. I had to quit after only 15 mins. I seriously pushed myself but I felt like I was going to collapse. boy was I wrong about this workout! I'll be starting day 1 again tomorrow! wish me luck!
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 Day shred and found level one to be relatively easy and level 2 to be a pretty good workout. I feel I'm fairly in shape..... So earlier today I just tried her No More Trouble Zones for the first time and DANG she kicked my rear end to the curb with that one!!! I was so inspired I ordered her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Can't wait!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    So I finally got my 30 day shred in the mail today. I was soo excited I popped it right into my laptop to take a looksy...I wanted to see what I was getting myself into. I had heard horror stories about this workout, but as I was watching I was feeling pretty confident I would be able to kick that workouts *kitten*. ummm ...WRONG!!! Once I actually started the workout, I was doing pretty well, but after the jumping jacks/ jump rope, my legs felt like jello. I had to quit after only 15 mins. I seriously pushed myself but I felt like I was going to collapse. boy was I wrong about this workout! I'll be starting day 1 again tomorrow! wish me luck!

haha thats what i did when i got mine! I was sooo wrong lol! My calves BURN when im doing them too!

Good luck for ur first day!
  • kaylah_x
    Options
    I was getting a bit tired of L1 after only 4 days so i tried L2 today and farout was i stuffed! lol...My arms feel it the most in this one. So im not sure if i'll keep with it or go back to L1 and buildup to it for a few more days lol
  • linmill11
    Options
    I'm on L1 D7 and I'm kinda bored with it as well. I think its mostly because I can't stand watching the fitness models smiling and I'm sick of hearing Jillian say the same thing. So I put the TV on mute now and just play workout music which is working. Some parts of L1 are easy, some I still struggle with so I'm going to try to finish out the full 10 days at L1 before I move on!
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I Finished my first week with Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. She recommends five days, I did four. I'm going to try and get in all five this week.

It was pretty rough, but Im getting better at it. Some moves I just cannot do. Mountain climbers for instance. My feet slip for some reason and it just doesn't work. Also this side raise thing she does. I'm just not coordinated enough t do it. So I do different moves there.
    I'm on L1 D7 and I'm kinda bored with it as well. I think its mostly because I can't stand watching the fitness models smiling and I'm sick of hearing Jillian say the same thing. So I put the TV on mute now and just play workout music which is working. Some parts of L1 are easy, some I still struggle with so I'm going to try to finish out the full 10 days at L1 before I move on!

That's starting to happen to me. But muting it is a good idea! I' going to try that.
  • TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    I'm well into week two on the Last Chance DVD. It's killah, but I'm enjoying it especially now that I pretty much have it memorized and can now listen to music while watching. I use 5 lb weights.
    Unfortunately, I'm having to take a couple of days off because I'm sick as a dog. Bleh.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How's the challenge going for everyone?

I just finished L2D9 of 30 Day Shred. Only one more day until I am on Level 3! I can't believe it! I'm loving feeling stronger everyday. Looking forward to doing Ripped in 30 after the Shred.

One thing I've noticed about the levels of 30 Day Shred is that the middle days of the level are always hardest for me. I think this level days 4 through 7 were really tough, but I pushed through and from day 8 on I was feeling a lot stronger. Anyone else notice the same?
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started last week dong no more trouble zones 4 times a week. I love it! I was doing the 30 day shred, but because of my schedule I could not do it every day so I got NMTZ and banish fat boost metabalism because they are twice as long ,so I know if I only get to t work out 4 times a week, at least I get a really good work out in. So glad someone started a post for something other than just 30 day shred.