It's the end of the world...

Options
binary_jester
binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
And you are scrambling willy-1.gif to get into your ultra safe bunker. Due to space limitations...you know food and water and clothes and survival stuff, your room for extras is limited. Really you have room for 5 books and 5 cd's (one of the harbingers of this doomsday scenario is an EMP, so stating you are bringing your iPod with eleventy billion songs is out...my rules).

Oh...and one person...you know to restart the human race hugs.gif

So who and what do you bring? Keep in mind the music and books you choose will impact all the future little minds of the new world.

And so will the person you will be humping. naughty.gif.

Yeah, you could be noble and bring the old lady rollingpin.gif or the hubby you want to nutkick.gif often or you could start with a whole new person you will dislike 5 years down the road.

So what say you? scratchchin.gif

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    OK I'll play.

CD's: some Bob Marley, Miles Davis, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pulp Fiction soundtrack, and more Bob Marley
    Books: ?? I have no idea, but they would be epic tomes, to be sure.

My person...heck. Dunno.

Play fair now- WHAT/WHO would YOU bring??
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    omg i cant pick one person
    or cds
    or books i would get sick of them all lol
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Music would be a mix of 70s pop and rock.

The lady?
    Look at my friends list and tell me how I could choose just one. :love:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Come one people...the future of humanity hinges on your decisions as we valiantly try and stop the cockroaches from taking over the world!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I would just not enter the bunker. That sounds horrid
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Red Hot chili peppers "Mother's Milk" Fleetwood Mac's "rumors", Jack Johnson's "Sleep through the static", Any Bob Marley compilation and something by Tracy Chapman, which covers all my moods. Books, well probably a handfull of Nora Roberts books cause I'm a sucker for romance novels. I'd bring my fiance and we'd find a way to sneek in our daughter because I can't live without that little girl!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My husband

MIles Davis
    Bach
    Vivaldi
    RadioHead

Shakespeare
    Ten. Williams
    Dean Koontz
    Margaret Weiss and Tracey Hickman

dvd
    entire star trek series
    dune
    stargate...all of them
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The human race will end. I'm not birthin' no babies.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Well, Y2K was a huge disappointment. GWB never did start WW3. If the Mayans let me down I'm gonna be really ticked!!

I mean, seriously, how am I ever going to persue my dream of becoming a war lord if we never get to have an apocalypse? What's up with that?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Well, Y2K was a huge disappointment. GWB never did start WW3. If the Mayans let me down I'm gonna be really ticked!!

I mean, seriously, how am I ever going to persue my dream of becoming a war lord if we never get to have an apocalypse? What's up with that?

ooooo we can all be like mad max lol
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Cd's- Forrest Gump (that is a double cd) and the Beatles Anthology (4 discs)
    Books- THE BIBLE, War and Peace- Leo Tolstoy, Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen, Lord of the rings- JRR Tolkein, Survival Handbook (credited author, I'll pick it up on my way out :noway: )

And if we can't pick out hubby's to go than I'll pick Les Stroud from "Survivorman." Atleast I know he wont be useless.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

ooooo we can all be like mad max lol

Yeah but does Tina Turner have to wear a leotard this time?
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CD's: I would mix it up definitely...
    Pink, Burno Mars, Led Zepplin, Al Green, Journey (yea I said Journey!! so what...:tongue: )

Books: I love books
    To Kill a Mockingbird,
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - Funniest book ever IMO
    Anything by Joss Whedon
    Cell by Stephen King
    Charlottes Web (you know, for the babies I will be making)

As for someone to procreate with....my hubby gave me a pretty good looking spawn so I guess I'll stick with him. That is unless Johnny Depp wants to hang out. ;)
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    Come one people...the future of humanity hinges on your decisions as we valiantly try and stop the cockroaches from taking over the world!

Can't I just step on the cockroaches? Is that an option? I like the crunchy sound they make.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Cd's- I would bring, the strokes, the cure, depeche mode, jack Johnson, Kiss, Van Halen, Bob Marley, the Beetles, Aerosmith, Jay-Z, Lil wyane, Ol dirty *kitten*.... i guess thats enough but seeing as Ipods hold so much music i would bring no less than 10 full of music.

Books?- The classics, All the book by Richard Preston, Sidhartha, The bible

My husband of course but if not him then i don't know...
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The Beatles White
    Mozart
    Radiohead
    Adele 21
    Astrud Gilberto

Pride and Prejudice
    The Catcher in the Rye
    Raymond Carver's Short Stories
    The collected A. Conan Doyle
    D1ckens or Twain, whichever i could grab first

And I would certainly take my husband. He is handy in a clinch and has proven himself more than capable of making gorgeous, brilliant babies. : )
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Cds... Puddle of Mudd, Stained, Nervana

Person... Paul cause I would miss him

Books... The Stand by Stephen King and The Odd serious by Dean Koontz
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The opposite sex is : My husband,

My CDs :
    The gravitation soundtrack
    The Nana soundtrack,
    Lady Gaga Fame monster
    Bush, sixteen stone
    NIN downward spiral

My Books:
    Gone with the Wind
    Harry Potter, 4,5,6,7
    (there had to be one potter fan in the group!)
  • binary_jester
    Options

Can't I just step on the cockroaches? Is that an option? I like the crunchy sound they make.
    Awesome...that exact sound makes me want to puke.gif
  • mezmez73
    mezmez73 Posts: 63
    Options
    i'd bring my husband! he has given me adorable and smart kiddies!

cd's......dave matthews
    mob hits
    freestyle
    ron white( the comedian)
    sade

books.....anything by "hungry girl" (gotta cook the food in the bunker, ya know)
    people magazines
    self help books
    and of course the bible

movies.......kiss me goodbye
    pretty woman
    hitch
    sex and the city 1 & 2
    and mob movies for my hubby

but i have a question? can i PLEASE bring a couple bottles of wine with me too? PLEASE.....LOL LOL LOL!!!!!