Denver People:)

Options
Anyone from denver who is trying to lose weight by summer!! :) Im trying to meet people with similar interests and have some weight loss tips!! :) Where do you work out??

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I live in Arvada. I work out in the summer mostly at parks. On the weekends I try to get out to Red Rocks. When the weather is bad I work out at Better Bodies fitness Center. Not at all a fancy gym, but cheap!
  • jkm80
    jkm80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do NOT live in Denver -- however -- the Gym I go to in Los Angeles has one in Denver as well -- and I cannot recommend it enough. It's called Educogym. It's from the UK, and it works amazingly. Whenever you workout you have a personal trainer telling you what to do. The workouts are all strength training, and last only 20-25 minutes. I know that doesn't sound like a lot - but it works. I lost 20lbs in 6 weeks with them. They are amazing. You also get a consultation with a nutritionist and get a diet to follow (which isn't fun - but works), and a full body analysis. It's awesome and I recommend it to anyone in Denver or LA. It's not cheap though - so beware of that. But man, does it work.
    Good Luck!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in Boulder, but if you're looking for a good club and don't mind the price I hear Colorado Athletic Club is great. Personally I'm also making use of the trails and parks for the summer to save some money. Check the city's website for trails near you. Red Rocks, hiking, all that is good for weekends. I've never done the stairs at Red Rocks, its a little mini goal of mine this summer actually. Good luck! :smile:
  • Alpal30
    Alpal30 Posts: 2
    Options
    I live in the Highlands area of Denver. I have dogs and I walk around Sloan's Lake quite a bit. I also walk around Invesco Field. The weather is so nice here I don't find it necessary to join a gym.
    I would love to get a group together and meet around town perhaps once or twice a week to walk.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I live in Arvada. I work out in the summer mostly at parks. When the weather is bad I work out at Better Bodies fitness Center. Not at all a fancy gym, but cheap!

same here! small world. i love better bodies! can't beat the price. mostly, though, i run outside and workout at home.