When did people start noticing?

Options
Ok, so I have lost 11 lbs with MFP, but a total of 20 lbs over the last 3 months. It seems like no one but my husband says anything, but I feel like you can really tell. Is it because it has happened so slowly? When did people start noticing with you?

Replies

• nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Other than the ppl who knew that i was eating better and exercising, no one really noticed until 30-40lbs down, i just had someone notice today, who i see pretty often... give it like 5-10 more & ppl will notice!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    no one has really said anything to me except my daughter since my clothes are all so big after losing 21 lbs that i think no one has noticed. But I notice. Im waiting till I lose 30, & hopefully will b at least a size or 2 smaller. THEN I'll get a few new things. plus people who see you everyday seem to notice less since they see the gradual change than someone who hasnt seen you for say, a few months
  • annastacia10
    Options
    People have only started saying things to me now....after 21 pounds lost. If you were like me at all, I was wearing really baggy clothes when I knew I was overweight. And only now have started wearing clothes that fit me a bit better. So if you were "hiding" your weight gain before losing, it might take some time before people notice. Bottom line...if you feel better and like what you see in the mirror better, that is all that matters honey. Congrats on the awesome weight loss! Start showing it off because you deserve it!
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was starting to think the scale and measurements were lying because after 20 pounds and 2 months, no one said anything. Not even the hubby. Until I went to parent/teacher conference, and as soon as I walked in the classroom, without even a hello, my sons teacher said, "Wow, have you lost weight, you look so good!" From that moment on, I didn't care if she told me I had the worst kid in school and he was failing every class (lol, he doing really well), I was on cloud nine! When I got home and my husband asked how it went, I said, "Great, she said I am getting skinny! Oh, you meant Logan, he is doing great!" Best parent/teacher conference I have been to!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    People didn't really start noticing until i lost over 20+ pounds and I didn't have much to lose in the beginning.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am down 20 now and I am getting comments from people at work. (i know I am down because of changes in which belt hole I am using. I think it depends on where you are loosing from (totally out of your control) when others will notice. I have been told that it is my face getting thinner that stands out.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I've lost 15 and unless I mention something about my clothes being big not many people notice. Some of my family has said some things, mainly how they can see it in my stomach. And my boyfriend has noticed. I think once you get around 25-30 or more people that don't know you're doing it will notice.
  • darcyrobillard
    Options
    Others may not say anything for various reasons. You can't focus on that. You see and feel the difference, your husband does too. That is all that really matters. You are doing great and just keep up the great work. 20 pounds in 3 months is awesome!
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I think it was when I lost about 10% of my body weight that people began noticing. Now I get lots of comments. I think it can be a delicate subject so some people may notice and not want to say anything in case they are wrong/it would offend the person. Keep at it; you're doing great.
  • lbritt5
    lbritt5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I dont think most people really notice. They are too involved in their own going ons. People that see you everyday don't normally notice because it is such a gradual change. The important part is that you notice.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    No one has really said anything except my husband. One coworker kind of said something in a roundabout way. She asked me if I still eat lunch cause she never sees me eating lunch at my desk, except I do, I just don't eat the junk coworkers bring in.
  • Crossfire77
    Crossfire77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I had lost about 10% of my original weight!
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Probably after I had lost about 25 lbs. Don't get discouraged!!!!
  • annastacia10
    Options
    The important thing is for YOU to feel better about YOU.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think that people start noticing after about 25-35lbs. I've been losing for about 3 months now and no one has noticed, but like you, I can see the changes - and feel the changes so I'm happy with that. I know it won't be long and people will start to notice.
  • jenmac82005
    Options
    I have lost 15 lbs so far, and had my first person notice the other day, its a lady at work I don't see but once a week or two... I can see the loss in my face, and feel it in my pants size :-)