cleanse????

Options
So I have the dual acting cleanse and I have been contemplating using it but haven't yet.. has anyone tried one of these? do they help to keep your system clean so long as you keep following the lower calorie diet and excersize?

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Totally worthless. There is no need to "cleanse"
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    lower calorie diet and exercise is all you need. your body does a pretty good job of cleansing itself.
  • FWBP
    FWBP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There is. I do all natural ones and always feel great after. They also help with skin clarity. Your body needs help getting rid of waste sometimes.
  • jen2bthin78
    Options
    I have seen a lot of great things about cleanse... I am wondering if anyone has tried it and was happy with the results or tried it and didnt like it...
  • skinnyjazz130
    Options
    Robert, I see that your approach is low carb. How low is low for you? I know it depends on a lot of things but I just want an idea. I will be doing the South Beach Eating Plan starting Monday and in planning my menus, it seems pretty hard to keep my carbs under 100. My problem with protein is that it's alway high. Thanks for your input.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There is. I do all natural ones and always feel great after. They also help with skin clarity. Your body needs help getting rid of waste sometimes.

I completely agree with you! I think that our bodies need help getting rid of the toxins once in a while. I also do all natural ones.
  • robertf57
    Options
    I am currently on about 50 grams, which is pretty low.; but works for me. If I go much higher I don't lose weight, I feel hungry, and I crave sugar and starches.
  • robertf57
    Options

I completely agree with you! I think that our bodies need help getting rid of the toxins once in a while. I also do all natural ones.

Well, if you feel it benefits you than fine. Unless you have significant health problems an occasional "cleanse" is unlikely to hurt you. But stool content is almost entirely bacteria, fiber and water. There is no place in the intestinal tract where we hold onto "toxins" that we need help expelling. Through the process of segmentation and peristalsis things generally "move along" .