whats good for breakfast?

Options
I have been eating mostly Cheerios for breakfast.
I like them but need a change.
Sometimes I eat the Smart Ones Eggs and Hashbrowns, but it is too high in sodium.

Any breakfast suggestions?

Replies

• mom2al71
    mom2al71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    love mcdonalds oatmeal, or special K full meal protein bar.
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a bowl of sliced bananas and strawberries. Very tasty and very filling.
  • KellyEsparza
    Options
    my favorite is quaker heart medleys cranberry walnut oatmeal. 120 calories - sweet, tangy and crunchy - and I'm not usually an oatmeal fan.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My favorite: Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries and all natural Red Mill whole grain granola. It holds me until lunch and is yummy!
  • missielou
    missielou Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying whole grain oats (just the generic great value brand from walmart). I put a little fruit in it, usually frozen blueberries or peaches along with some cinnamon. It's inexpensive, only takes 3 minutes in the microwave and it's tastey. Occasionally I add a bit of honey.
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fiber One's english muffin with a spoonful of peanut butter :)
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Quaker weight control oatmeal is pretty good, 3 g of fibre, 5 g of protein and half the sugar, usually one package can keep me full til lunch. Love scrambles with one whole egg and some turkey bacon as a side. Dempster's bodywise bread is good if you like toast. Protein smoothies are also pretty good.
  • bebababy
    bebababy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i switched to buying egg whites because at times i just didn't feel like separating whites! it's great because i can make a batch that will last a couple of days. i add salsa or maybe some tomatoes, guacamole. the calories are ridiculously low and i don't add salt. oatmeal is great too it's only 100+ calories. good luck
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Options
    I just tried egg beaters for the first time today. They are pretty good and only 30 calories per 2 oz portion( which is equal to 1 egg). Also light raisin toast with spray butter....45 calories per slice:)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Here are my choices
    1) Zone bars
    2) Active Lifestyle Oatmeal (its low in sugar)
    3) Egg and Cheese English Muffin: 1 cage free brown egg (70 calories), kraft 2% cheese (45 calories), English Muffin Lite (100 calories) and add spinach if you have some
    4) Hungry Jack Whole Wheat Pancakes (3 pancakes are only 150 calories), add that with some fruit
    5) Multigrain cheerios with blueberries or strawberries

Hope you try some of them out!!!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with diced apples and cinnamon

Hungry Girl Receipe = 1/2 non fat cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 splenda and diced fuji apple YUMMY!
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    I usually have scrambled eggs (1 whole, 1 white) with chopped bell pepper and cheese or Better Oats oatmeal.
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I've been doing Greek yogurt with about a tablespoon full of granola thrown in there for breakfast quite a bit lately... good protein boost for first thing in the morning. I also like bananas for breakfast. On occasion, I've been known to fry an egg and have it with a nice whole-wheat English muffin. :)
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    my favorite is quaker heart medleys cranberry walnut oatmeal. 120 calories - sweet, tangy and crunchy - and I'm not usually an oatmeal fan.

Is this instant? Where do you purchase it?
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Old Fashion Oatmeal.. Never Instant.. with apples and Cinnamon.... 2 Egg Whites. = the PERFECT Energizing.. metabolism speeding... Muscle building Breakfast !!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Plain old Quick Oats sweetened with stevia and optionally topped with a little cinnamon.

For muscle recovery days I mix in a slurry of vanilla whey protein.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great! Make yourself an omelette with some cheese, mushrooms, chicken, or whatever else you like. High protein, low carb, and quick and easy to make! Use egg whites if you want to cut down on fat (but it's healthy fat, anyways).
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    love mcdonalds oatmeal, or special K full meal protein bar.

McD Oatmeal is really high in calories! :(

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutrition1/itemDetailInfo.do?itemID=1500

I usually do Fiber One cereal + unsweetened almond milk

OR

1 whole egg + 1 egg whites

I'm thinking of buying Quaker Oatmeal- the old style one
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorites:

Skinny wheat toast with peanut butter
    Skinny wheat toast with cheese
    Wheat English muffin with cream cheese and diced dried apricots
    MoJo Bar, Clif Bar, Luna Bar, etc...
    Yogurt, berries, and granola
    Oatmeal, raisins, & cinnamon
    Cereal, craisins, & milk
    Cheerios, banana, & milk
    Skinny wheat toast with peanut butter & banana
    Boiled egg and V8
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a toasted whole grain waffle with a tbsp of peanut butter and sliced banana. I try to switch it up with an egg/cheese/veggie wrap or a bowl of cereal...but I find I'm always craving the waffle and peanut butter :)