cookie remorse:- /

Options
What's wrong with me? Its day 3 of my clean eating plan and I cheated with an oatmeal cookie. Although, I had just done an aerobics class followed by a pilates session. I feel so much remorse for 1 cookie. I need to learn moderation is the important factor, but its crazy how 1 cookie can make me feel like a failure. Does anyone else struggle with this type of thing?

Replies

• kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    I have been there ... and one thing I started doing is reminding myself it is one day not a lifetime... I can do one day ... just not the lifetime any more
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    YES! It is my "1 cookie spiral" I will have 1 cookie or maybe 2, if it puts me over then I am like what's the point and eat more...soon I have spiralled out of control.

Now if I have the cookie I work it off and move on. You did a bunch of exercise and in the grand scheme of things the cookie will only ruin you if you let it.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    NO! No one on this site has that problem... NOT!

Don't beat yourself up. We all have little set backs and indulgences. I would just ask, why was there a cookie there to tempt you?????? My moto is, "If I don't have it, I can't eat it."
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It's one cookie... eat it and move on!

Eating healthy and working out doesn't mean you can't have cookies. There are a lot of low fat/cal recipes for cookies out there. Homemade is always the best. :)
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    NO! No one on this site has that problem... NOT!

Don't beat yourself up. We all have little set backs and indulgences. I would just ask, why was there a cookie there to tempt you?????? My moto is, "If I don't have it, I can't eat it."

I have to agree there are some things I can not have in my house. Salty snacks are my nemisious. Cookies not so much. I feel hnorrible when I give in as well.
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My husband is on a kick that I've lost enough -25 lbs. in the last 2 yrs. - so he's cooking cakes with tons of calories. I have zero willpower for cake and he knows it. So he makes huge sheet cakes. Last night I gobbled down about 400 calories ...this being a cheaters estimation .... and now I'm craving more. Should I choke him senseless or just not look in the kitchen, plug up the nose, what?
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Until my cravings are totally gone, I try to take one hour at a time. If I "mess up" by having a cookie, I suck it up and do better the next hour. Hour by hour I do better and then day by day it's easier and easier. Good luck for a better tomorrow!
  • soccerjewel47
    Options
    O my goodness!!! i think you and me are the same person!!! Its my third day too and today i made oatmeal cookies and I had one!! In my head I figure if I stay under my calorie goal its ok....being only three days in I think its hard to completely give up on all our old friends like cookies and a little treat here and there. :) just keep goin girl!!!
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    why would you feel "horrible" when you give in (as one commenter stated).....it's just A COOKIE!!! my goodness, food really should not have that big of an effect on us that we feel "horrible" when we eat one cookie! That's just not a healthy way to think/feel about food. Food is meant to be enjoyed and it's all about moderation. Eating one oatmeal cookie (and ENJOYING it) after working out and not feeling terrible about it is absolutely a good thing!! =)
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As soon as i got home from the gym (im still sweaty! Gross!) i went straight to the bread....mmmm... It was chocolate with chocolate filling....the horrible thing is that i dont like chocolate :(((((
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    One cookie probably did not set you back. Be proud you stopped at one cookie!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My husband is on a kick that I've lost enough -25 lbs. in the last 2 yrs. - so he's cooking cakes with tons of calories. I have zero willpower for cake and he knows it. So he makes huge sheet cakes. Last night I gobbled down about 400 calories ...this being a cheaters estimation .... and now I'm craving more. Should I choke him senseless or just not look in the kitchen, plug up the nose, what?

Don't choke him senseless; but, maybe ask him to be a bit more supportive in your journey???? Fortunately, I don't have this problem as I am the cook!
  • BradyReed
    Options
    :)
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 double stuff oreos and didn't even exercise..so you are one up on me!
  • ELewisReed
    ELewisReed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really think this site/community is going to help me reach my happy weight! Everything in moderation, don't beat yourself up, stay away from foods that may be a "trigger" for a "bad food spiral." This is great advice, I really appreciate your posts!!:smile:
  • lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mine was a chocolate chip cookie, and i don't even really like cookies. i agree with the earlier post that we should enjoy it and therefore better our relationship with food...that being said, i still feel some slight guilt but i'm working my way through it!!
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I'm not the "ideal" weight loss advisor here, since I have something sweet each day, or a "beverage or two", however, I do still continue to lose weight oh so steadily, yet enjoy life. It's a cookie. ONE cookie isn't going to hurt your progress, which for the record, needs to be slow and steady. If you ate the whole dozen, package, box, whatever, then you're blowing it and should feel guilty. You will have an easier time if you let yourself enjoy something here and there, in moderation of course.
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    why would you feel "horrible" when you give in (as one commenter stated).....it's just A COOKIE!!! my goodness, food really should not have that big of an effect on us that we feel "horrible" when we eat one cookie! That's just not a healthy way to think/feel about food. Food is meant to be enjoyed and it's all about moderation. Eating one oatmeal cookie (and ENJOYING it) after working out and not feeling terrible about it is absolutely a good thing!! =)

Ditto!!