how to make a smoothie??

Fat2FitAmanda
Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I'm seeing a lot of people saying that they're making smoothies, and everytime I have tried making them myself, I was not impressed! So if anyone has any good concoctions they'd like to share, I'd love to have them!

Thanks!!

Replies

• ricnrac
    ricnrac Posts: 95 Member
    me 2!
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 161 Member
    Bump
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    I use orange juice, frozen fruit with no sugar added and a cup of cooked broccoli. I learned this one from a friend minus the broccoli.
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    bump
  • Im new on this..So what does bump mean????
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Fav smoothie

Frozen mango and straberries
    blended with yogurt and juice or water

Sorry no measurements. Roughly equal parts fruit and yogurt then enough liquid to make it drinkable
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Saves it to your topics so you can find it later
    Im new on this..So what does bump mean????
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    I use:

Frozen Strawberries
    Frozen Mango
    Fresh Pineapple
    about 1/4 of water/orange juice combo

BLEND all that first

Then add about 4-6 ice cubes

Serve in large glass with straw

YUMMMM!!!

PS. I personally do NOT use yogurt or milk at all.
  • o and to answer the ? I would do strawberries, Bannas and yogurt, with a little bit of milk
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Basic Recipe

1 cup of your favorite milk (dairy, nut, rice, or soy) OR 1 cup of your favorite flavored yogurt and 1 cup of water
    half a cup of your favorite berries
    a second fruit of choice (if you like it thick and sweet); super ripe bananas are always nice
    1-2 scoops of protein powder of choice (vanilla is always the safest choice)
    1 tablespoon of ground flax or chia seeds (optional)
    1 cup of ice

Toss it all in a blender and blend on high till smooth.
    Enjoy!!
  • my fav=strawberries, banana, oj and ice...if you use frozen fruit you will need less ice...also like to add just about any fresh or frozen fruit I can get...if you like it whole you will like it in a smoothie
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    bump is just something people post to "bump" a thread up near the top of the list by adding activity to it... or if you don't get any replies you can bump your post so more people will look at it
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    My current favorite is a "dessert" to me.

almond milk
    peanut butter
    banana (frozen)
    hershey's chcoclate syrup or cocoa powder
    vanilla protein powder (sometimes)

Stick in a blender & go. If it's not thick enough, I add ice. I am loving this right now and it is totally taking care of my sweet tooth.
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Bump
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    OMG - that sounds delicious!!

Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana, Almond Milk and Protein Powder!
  • jkees4854
    jkees4854 Posts: 10
    Forgive me, I make everything by eye, so I have to measurements for you. My smoothies are usually based in fat free vanilla yogurt with skim milk. Then add frozen fruits (I like berries the best.) Use splenda to sweeten. And if you've heard of it, The Ninja Kitchen System is the best blender I've ever seen. Pricey but worth it, especially since you can make a batch of smoothies for the whole week in 10 minutes! Here are some of my favorite fruit combinations: Berries w/ oranges, strawberry/banana, mango/peach/banana, berry/banana. I've never tried adding veggies, but people say if you do it right you can't taste them. I hope this is helpful.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    My current fav is Orange-Pineapple:

Blend together...
    Orange juice
    Danon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt
    Frozen pineapple (you will want to flash freeze to prevent the block 'o pineapple)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    bump
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Saves it to your topics so you can find it later
    Im new on this..So what does bump mean????

Actually.... "bump" refers to someone bumping up an older thread so it's back on the front page, for easy viewing. I realize that's not how people use it here though... :)
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.