Vegetarians doing the eating clean diet?

Options
just wondering if any vegetarians are following the principles of eating clean from tosca Reno? I would love to know what you typically eat in a day, to get some ideas:) I'm definitely interested in clean eating but it seems like there would be a lot of tofu being eaten to replace chicken breasts and other meat....or can you do it with beans and other forms of protein? Would love to get some feedback on how hard/easy it is to do as a nonmeat eater.

Replies

• ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    BUMP! i am a vegetarian but I don't know anything about the eating clean diet.
  • ksmb1465
    ksmb1465 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also a veggie but don't know this diet. wouldn't mind hearing if it works for you.
  • kamoqueen
    Options
    I am raising my son as a vegetarian and hope to one day have the strength to be one myself. I give him plenty of beans for protein. There are many different types so it helps to keep it interesting. Avocados are also great simple proteins for your body. I slice them up and put on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, olives, etc. Mustard is a good to replace mayo. (less calories and no eggs)
    Beans are a great replacement for beef in tacos as well. You can cook them with rotel tomatoes, then refry on a skillet to get off the juices. Add yummy stir-fry peppers and onions, and whatever else you like for tacos.
    Another great source of protein is different kinds of nuts and peanutbutter. If you would like any other meal ideas just let me know. I feed my little boy everyday, so I have plenty.
  • sam88keys
    sam88keys Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan and generally consider myself to eat pretty clean whole foods on a regular basis. Split peas are the absolute best, that I've discovered, for getting in a lot of protein, fiber, and iron. Quinoa is a complete protein that works really well as a rice substitute or stir-fry with fresh or frozen veggies. Generally, I'll eat oatmeal for breakfast, nuts for snacks, and a lot of green tea throughout the day. Lunch and dinner is usually rice or quinoa, beans, veggies, and dates or dried fruit for dessert. I do like to aim for a big salad every other day or so just to get a bunch of raw veg in. Plus I'll have protein shakes of pea/rice protein and fruit to give me that extra boost throughout the day. Larabar makes excellent bars from dates and nuts that are also all-natural snacks.

If you have any other questions, feel free to add me! My diary is open to my friends too, if you want to take a peek :-)
  • Redheadedsunshine
    Redheadedsunshine Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    oooooooh! sounds interesting!
  • cokpara
    cokpara Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    same i'm a vegetarian too, currently trying veganism which is soooo different... i wanna look into this... bump!
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm vegetarian but haven't studied that plan you mentioned. I rely heavily on lentils and beans for proteins. Feel free to check out my daily diary. My blog is slowly building up with recipes.
  • ksmb1465
    ksmb1465 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also a fan of the beans. One of my favorite easy dinners is brown rice and veggie baked beans.
  • kelscot30
    kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am raising my son as a vegetarian and hope to one day have the strength to be one myself. I give him plenty of beans for protein. There are many different types so it helps to keep it interesting. Avocados are also great simple proteins for your body. I slice them up and put on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, olives, etc. Mustard is a good to replace mayo. (less calories and no eggs)
    Beans are a great replacement for beef in tacos as well. You can cook them with rotel tomatoes, then refry on a skillet to get off the juices. Add yummy stir-fry peppers and onions, and whatever else you like for tacos.
    Another great source of protein is different kinds of nuts and peanutbutter. If you would like any other meal ideas just let me know. I feed my little boy everyday, so I have plenty.
    As a vegetarian I am wondering why you are raising your son as one when you are not?!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Bump:)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian I am wondering why you are raising your son as one when you are not?!

Yes, I'm wondering this too.