PANTS!

Options
MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
I wasn't sure where to post this...I just wanted to "vent" about pants! So my biggest pants have gone to Goodwill...the big-ish pants can be pulled down without unbuttoning them, they are saggy all over. The next size down that I have still mostly feel too tight! Argh! What to do. I have no plans of having any of my current saggy pants altered because I probably only paid like $7 for all of them at Walmart anyway...Hate belts. What to do...Definitely not complaining...I am getting fit and the results are showing! yay!

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i shop at good will for things like that!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Temporarily altering them yourself really isn't all that hard. Fold an inch or so of the waist over and tack it with some thread. I do this for my daughter all the time.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wear things like leggings with longer, loose fitting tops when I get stuck in between sizes. Cute and comfortable, you can dress black ones up with just about any type of top and shoes
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    Sweat Pants!!!!!!!
    I LOVE Sweat Pants
    I Have 4 Pairs Of Calvin Klein Sweat Pants
    They Are Soooooo Comfortable
    And They Will Always Fit!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I bought a size of the 'mostly too small' ones- they were cheaper(ish) at Sears so I figure if I stretch or morph them at all, it's not that big of a deal since I'm not planning on making them permenant
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Sweat Pants!!!!!!!
    I LOVE Sweat Pants
    I Have 4 Pairs Of Calvin Klein Sweat Pants
    They Are Soooooo Comfortable
    And They Will Always Fit!

Sweats are kind of limiting- can't wear them to work, and anything less than "really" casual they are kind of out of place
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been an avid Goodwill shopper! I've lost 4 sizes in the last year and have a box of pants from each of those sizes. You can buy them there and then donate them back when you shrink out of them. Big money saver! And personally, I think the pants at our Goodwill are in decent enough shape (if you search long enough) to get by with wearing. I think my hubby is greatful for my willingness to shop there. Can you imagine buying 5-6 pairs of pants at $40 each 4 times in a year!? That's almost a thousand dollars in pants in a year! At goodwill, I spent about $4 a pair. Good luck shopping

Oh and while losing the 4 pants sizes, I've only had to buy new shirts once.
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    I can totally identify. My last size is way too big, droopy butted, and totally unflattering. So I bought some of the next size down. Uncomfortably too tight to be wearing all day and if I do decide to wear them for just a little while, they too are unflattering with the thighs and hips so tight and the muffin top hanging over. Very sexy. I know everyone has their lists of dos and don'ts, and one of my don'ts is that I do not wear sweat pants outside the house. Not trying to start a war here. If anyone here does, that's perfectly a-ok with me. Just saying I do not. I'm afraid Stacy and Clinton are gonna catch me if I ever do, or my parents. The rule came from them when I was a child. At any rate, sweats are also not an option for me personally. Think I might try the goodwill thing. Look into the Salvation Army as well. I know the one near me does half off of everything if you shop on Wednesdays. With the variations in sizes between brands, hopefully we can find something to hold us over. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I wear things like leggings with longer, loose fitting tops when I get stuck in between sizes. Cute and comfortable, you can dress black ones up with just about any type of top and shoes

I love love love this idea!

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions! I have to admit sometimes I want to cry amongst the disorganization at my local Goodwill when I see a cute pair of pants to discover they're a size 0!!! Not gonna happen!
  • thinkskinny21
    thinkskinny21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Shopping at SAVERS is the greatest thing ever... it is like a very organized goodwill. I know at the one closest to me everything is organized by color and length of sleeves for shirts and size, and jeans are all by size! They have the same prices as good will and some of the stuff is even name brand! I'm always game for 7$ hollister jeans!!