Peanut butter = the devil!

Options
I am addicted to peanut butter... I mean I honestly think it's a clinical addiction (okay- that might be a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean). I know a little bit is good for you but I can NEVER stop at "a little," and I can hadly stop after 4 spoonfuls of it! Is the best solution to just avoid it 100%? I know it's a "good fat" but I literally cannot control it... any advice??! Help!!

Replies

• tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump...same prob here from time to time :(
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is to avoid it like the plague!!!

Good luck!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with apple slices and by the time i am done with my 1-2 tablespoons I am feeling full and happy
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter too. It's a great source of protein, so I'm not cutting it out totally. I used to eat it by the spoonful but now my goal is to have 1 serving a day with something to dip in it so it takes longer to eat and I feel more satisfied.
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    i avoid it. or buy it already preportioned "to go packets" so you dont go overboard. you could also try pb2
  • freakoutadams
    Options
    Try it with celery and raisins. Mmmm...ants on a log... ::DROOL::
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried "Better N' Peanut Butter"? It tastes almost exactly like peanut butter, but has HALF of the calories and fat!!!

It's amazing!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    PB2 is what I bought for some peanut butter action ........ I refuse to use 18g of fat for 2 tablespoons of regular PB
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried almond butter? I believe it's a bit better than the peanut butter for you, but I've never tried it. I only eat peanut butter with apples or ocassionally in my oatmeal. Maybe don't eat it plain, just limit yourself to once a day on a certain snack, like celery or apples.
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    apple slices and peanut butter is a great idea...the fiber-filled apples will fill you up before you can crave more peanut butter!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I have 2tbsp. every evening, but I force myself to measure it w/ a tablespoon (if I eyeball it, I will totally cheat:blushing: ). I spoon the portion onto a plate, let my DOG lick the tablespoon so i won't be tempted to stick it in the jar for more, then I use a fork to mix in a little bit of hershey's dark chocolate cocoa. The mixing takes a little bit of effort and extends my snack time and I've found 2 tbsp. to be very satisfying when I go through this ritual. Weird, but it works for me.
  • e1lindsay
    Options
    apple slices and peanut butter is a great idea...the fiber-filled apples will fill you up before you can crave more peanut butter!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    if you have the correct amount once a day that should help the craving, just put it in your diary and know you get that amount and you do get peanut butter...you don't have to deprive yourself, but you do have to show some moniker of control. Also I go with Jif natural peanut butter less sodium lol just sayin
  • harliquinnraver
    Options
    when i need peanut butter, i get PB2. :) 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!
  • imbwy420
    imbwy420 Posts: 29
    Options
    Small portions or Walden Farms peanut spread all over everything (haha, it's really low in calories, as well as fat and sugar free I think)
  • e1lindsay
    Options
    my sister SWEARS by almond butter...i'm going to try it out this week. What is this PB2? i've seen that written before...
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Yeah I have this problem too, I suppose you could avoid it but in moderate amounts its really good for you. You just need to find a way to get the correct portion, so some of the methods people already said, dip things in it, buy it in prepackaged amounts etc. Are all good. I personally wouldn't replace it with substitues, I don't want to know what they do to make peanut butter have half the fat but I'm going to guess that it removes much of the nutritional value and really removes a lot of the point of eating it.

Hope you find something that works for you :)
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    mmm ... crunchy peanut butter. I love it.

Peanut butter is awesome with apples and celery and melted peanut butter on toast with cinnamon and sugar is divine.
    Oh, oops. You wanted to avoid over-eating PB. Sorry.. I can't help you as I love it too. :p
  • adriennecarroll
    Options
    I agree. I call peanut butter a trigger food. I switched over to raw almond butter-unsalted. Also, not sure if this applies to you, but I have a thyroid condition and am supposed to avoid soy products and peanuts! Both are in the legume family. Hope this helps.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    just got my pb2 (and chocolate pb2) yesterday. not a big peanut butter fan, but it's filling. after tasting it (and seeing the difference on my log), i told hubby to back away from the pb2 slowly. regular is his; this is MINE!!