Suddenly Feeling Down Again.

Options
If you are easily upset by other people's weaknesses, please stop reading now.

I am trying so hard to lose weight.
I really am.
I work out for 2-3 hours a day, total.
I have massively decreased my caloric intake.
I do everything I thought I was supposed to do.
But I'm being told to eat more, and work out less because I am burning too many calories, and I'm having a hard time keeping my "net" in the positives.

All I want to do is be in shape, healthy, and make my mother proud.
Is that too much to ask for?

I'm not really asking for advice or anything.
Just feeling down.
And it's hard to tell myself to make healthy changes, when I'm so convinced that the things I'm already doing will make me lose the weight quicker.
Yes, I have a history of eating disorders.
Blame it on my mother. <3

Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    *hugs*

you know what I'm gonna say, so I'm not gonna say it... just...

*hugs*
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I do know.
    Thanks. :)

I'm glad I have your support.
    I'm just worried about when I'm alone and can't talk to you, what I'm supposed to do when I start getting these feelings again.

I can't rely on your to be my therapist.
  • tinalina81
    Options
    I think you really need to have a partner in all this. Someone that can be there for you in real life and workout with you and be your support. Maybe you should look into a support group for eating disorders or people affected by that? I know it is hard to think that you will lose wait when you keep eating all day but it is the healthy choices that we make that make it happen.
    Don't be down on yourself. I think you are doing great in taking this first step and trying to better yourself!!!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Honey, remember those baby steps? You ever see a baby walking? For every step they take, they spend that much time on their bottoms---BUT, they get up again! And you can too--and you will too. It won't change overnight but it will change--you can depend on that. Last thought for now--don't do this for anyone but YOURSELF---take the responsibility, take the glory. You can do this!!!!!
    And in spite of myself for not wanting to be a mother hen--sleep helps everything...
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    cheer up buttercup! :flowerforyou: i feel that way sometimes too! keep your head up! :bigsmile:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I think you really need to have a partner in all this. Someone that can be there for you in real life and workout with you and be your support. Maybe you should look into a support group for eating disorders or people affected by that? I know it is hard to think that you will lose wait when you keep eating all day but it is the healthy choices that we make that make it happen.
    Don't be down on yourself. I think you are doing great in taking this first step and trying to better yourself!!!

I actually met my new friend Sam on here, and we work out together (just started yesterday) and have breakfast together when we're done.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    "I'm just worried about when I'm alone and can't talk to you, what I'm supposed to do when I start getting these feelings again"

Your best buddy might not be available whenever you're feeling down, but it's pretty guaranteed that someone will be awake and online and willing to listen and talk...
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    hey i just read your page and i totally feel you. im 18 and im the heaviest ive ever been, but dont worry it'll come down. weight that comes off quickly will come back quickly but weight that takes a while will stay gone for longer.

keep it up itll be totally worth it.

ps looked at all your pics, you are totally beautiful! =)
  • hush7hush
    Options
    "I'm just worried about when I'm alone and can't talk to you, what I'm supposed to do when I start getting these feelings again"

Your best buddy might not be available whenever you're feeling down, but it's pretty guaranteed that someone will be awake and online and willing to listen and talk...

I can't get online when I'm not at work.
    I don't have internet.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    hey i just read your page and i totally feel you. im 18 and im the heaviest ive ever been, but dont worry it'll come down. weight that comes off quickly will come back quickly but weight that takes a while will stay gone for longer.

Thank you!
    That made me smile. :)
    You are beautiful too! I love your hair.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options

thanks =D

Thank you!
    That made me smile. :)
    You are beautiful too! I love your hair.
  • momof26
    momof26 Posts: 83
    Options
    Here is me giving you a really really big hug!!!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. :)
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Tough reading about someone struggling so much.

BIG HUG
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    going to bed, loves. see you all tomorrow! <3
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I understand you are feeling a bit hung out there at times. You can do it, you are not alone, there are lots of people who have the same issues and struggles out there. If nothing else, look at all of the people posting in the different areas of the forums. At last count, I think it was a buttload! We are all here for similar reasons, and we have your back!
    I know you probably won't believe this, but I'd venture a guess that more than 90% of the people here who are older than you have gone through these feelings and can relate. It took you your lifetime to get to where you are today, please don't expect to get to where you want to be in just a few days. It's something you can work on for the rest of your life. You've already taken some MAJOR steps forward, you signed up here and made some friends...
    I am here, and sending you support telepathetically (I'm not really good at telepathy, but you know what I mean:wink: ) Help is out there!
    Ted
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options

*hugs* I don't know that you need advice right now - probably what you need is lots of unconditional love and encouragement. You know the basics - being in shape doesn't happen over night. Killing yourself with negative calories isn't being healthy; it's punishing yourself for being overweight. Or punishing yourself for being a failure, or a bad daughter, or whatever awful thing you believe is true about yourself.

But you know this. I'm guessing that what you really need right now is to hear that you're okay. That it's going to be okay and that you're going to make it. Well you are. You are going to be more than okay. You are going to be a person you can be proud of regardless of the weight you carry on your body.

Be proud of yourself for your huge effort. Be proud of yourself for admitting you have problems and working to fix them. Be proud of yourself for seeking help. And if you mom isn't proud of you then that's her loss and her failure. I'm saying this as someone who has struggled for years to feel accepted by my parents for who I am, fat or skinny, - you can't make your mom proud. You can only be someone who deserves praise and respect. Whether she gives it to you is up to her. And if she withholds it, then that's her mistake, not your failure.

And for today, remember that you are beautiful, that you are precious and lovely in the simple fact of your existence. Then let that give you peace to be patient with your weight loss process, wiling to do it slowly and healthily.

*hugs!!!*
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options

*hugs* I don't know that you need advice right now - probably what you need is lots of unconditional love and encouragement. You know the basics - being in shape doesn't happen over night. Killing yourself with negative calories isn't being healthy; it's punishing yourself for being overweight. Or punishing yourself for being a failure, or a bad daughter, or whatever awful thing you believe is true about yourself.

But you know this. I'm guessing that what you really need right now is to hear that you're okay. That it's going to be okay and that you're going to make it. Well you are. You are going to be more than okay. You are going to be a person you can be proud of regardless of the weight you carry on your body.

Be proud of yourself for your huge effort. Be proud of yourself for admitting you have problems and working to fix them. Be proud of yourself for seeking help. And if you mom isn't proud of you then that's her loss and her failure. I'm saying this as someone who has struggled for years to feel accepted by my parents for who I am, fat or skinny, - you can't make your mom proud. You can only be someone who deserves praise and respect. Whether she gives it to you is up to her. And if she withholds it, then that's her mistake, not your failure.

And for today, remember that you are beautiful, that you are precious and lovely in the simple fact of your existence. Then let that give you peace to be patient with your weight loss process, wiling to do it slowly and healthily.

*hugs!!!*

love this
  • misschievousgrl
    Options
    I know its really hard.. I actually hit my highest my senior year of high school (180) after being sick for like 6 months. I actually was down to 148.. but i was exercising too much and only eating between like 600 and 800 calories.. and as soon as i tried to eat normal i started gaining everything back.. slow and stead really does win the race.. Its not going to be that quick.. even if you are exercising more and lowering your net, just make sure you get the initial calories in so that your body has nutrients and just dont give up... you can do it hun.. thats why we are all here.. to help each other through these rougher times =)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up.

You really do need to watch your excercise and eating.
    If you're working out too much that could be a problem, and if you're eating too little thats gonna be a problem in the long run.

Fitness is a marathon not a sprint.
    You're going to get a lot further by doing it right, at a steady pace.