Calorie issues w/ Weight Watchers

Options
LoveleeB
LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
So I have been doing Weight Watchers Points Plus for 2 full months now- faithfully. I just started with MFP a few days ago and now I can see that I definitely do not get enough calories (especially when I work out). I meet my "points" each day in regards to weight watchers but I seem to make my food tracker upset on MFP b/c it keeps telling me (in red bold print) "you are eating too few calories" and continues to go on talking about "starvation mode".

Anyone else doing WW & tracking calories??? Any input or suggestions would be welcome.

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Doesnt seem right aye...
    I shall ask the wife tonight!
  • Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Having also moved over from weightwatchers, I am now firmly of the opinion that ww is not all that healthy in the long term. I think you only need to see how many people are coming back for the 4th or 5th time having put all the weight back on.

It doesn't teach you anything really, not about eating more closer to goal weight, the need to weight train.

I would blow weight watchers points out of the window with the amount of food I eat now, but I continue to see good losses, I just hope that being on ww for 6 months hasn't damaged my metabolism too much.

I feel so much better now, more energy, better workouts, never really hungry. Love MFP xx
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I did WW for a long time, and found it to be very beneficial in that it teahces you portion control and helps for m that habit. I decided that I was allotted too few calories compared to points, so I just went flat out to count calories (and sugar and sodium and carbs, and protein, etc. :laugh: )
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a little perplexed by the 1200 calorie standard too. I've been getting alerts and I don't want to screw up my metabolism, but at the same time I'm a small person (5'1"), so I probably don't need as much as the average person. Right? I think that technically 1200 is the absolute bare minimum someone should attempt when a doctor isn't supervising them. Are you using your "bonus" points too?
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually use the extra points during the weekend when I know I am less likely to prepare my meals in advance and might eat out at a restaurant. I don't want to mess up my metabolism but this is the longest I have ever stuck with a eating program so I want to find a way to make WW work, but also eat enough calories to stay fueled. I don't feel like I am starving and I don't have any physical symptoms I notice but I don't want to be doing harm to my body without knowing it.

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone!
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It seems like there's a fairly large margin of calories in relation to points. My friends do WW and I could never really get the hang of calculating points myself! I wouldn't worry too much about it though. I think that if your body needs more, it will tell you. Eat when you're hungry :)
  • kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    this is why I did not renew WW after my first few months were over. I had a feeling that I was not eating enough, even with eating all my extra weekly points. I also ate way more processed food on WW because of convenience and lets face it THAT is not how you live.

I need to have roughly 1500 cal a day to lose weight. I love that learned about portion control and how to eat all the servings from different groups a day. That has helped me on my journey with this program.

WW does NOT work for everyone, just like Jenny Craig/Nutrisystem etc. etc. etc.

I would watch what happens over the next few weeks and decide what option you should use. My biggest fear is what happens when I reach goal and have to maintain.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've recently switched from WW after losing 70 lbs on ww.
    MFP and WW are basically the same thing. If you weren't getting enough calories on WW, were you eating your AP's?
    I looked at several of my MFP diaries and my points are on target.
    How many points are you on? 29?
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ive been following the old WW plan since January 2010 & just started tracking my calories here on Monday and have been below my calories everyday as well. I was eating my daily points on WW and some days eating my activity points & according to MFP I've only been eating around 1000 calories. I'm having trouble trying to eat the 1200 calories I need, not to mention my exercise calories because Im not hungry & since Ive been eating the other way for over a year, I feel like Ive been eating so much more & still coming up short. I met my goal w/WW last summer and was maintaining well until the holidays, now Ive been having trouble losing the 5 pounds I gained.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That seems strange to me, being a WW veteran. Are you getting in all your GHGs everyday?? Are you eating enough protein? Getting in your oils? Or are you eating all low fat stuff? That's really not healthy, believe it or not.