30+ pounds to loose in 2 months!

Options
I would really loooove to achieve it! I just don't know...Doing workout 3x a week and really watching what I eat. I have a baby and a toddler so they keep me busy. I'm drinking a cup of green tea a day, would that help? I read it helps with something...lol
I'm so tempted to buy diet pills!!!! :ohwell:

Replies

• cinderbecca
    Options
    I've tried every quick trick,,, even lap band surgery - NOTHING WORKED! i started counting calories and watching what i was eating and tracking it and drinking a ton of water... 1 oz for every 2lbs of weight. anyway, i am (or the first time ever) loosing weight at a healthy pace and sticking to it.

hope this helps - do not buy the pills - if they worked wouldn't we all be skinny :) good luck!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not sure how tall you are and your current weight, but 30+ pounds in only 2 months seems like an unrealistic goal and if you push too hard for that (ie, the diet pills) you will likely just yo-yo with your weight and ultimately do more harm than good and do a number on your body. Why the rush to loose so quicky?
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Diet pills don't work. Just look at the back label and it even tells you "USE WITHA SENSIBLE DIET AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER" ......
    If you want to lose that much weight in. 2 months it's not impossible, but only exercising 3x a week may not be enough. Counting your calories, drinking lots of water will help you feel full longer too.

Good luck
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I agree I have tried almost everything also. The only thing that works is tracking calories and execise (sticking to it) this site is great for motivation and support. You can do it. It is really a mindset thing. You have to be ready and just make up your mind I AM going to do it this time and nothing is going to get in my way.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Not sure how tall you are and your current weight, but 30+ pounds in only 2 months seems like an unrealistic goal and if you push too hard for that (ie, the diet pills) you will likely just yo-yo with your weight and ultimately do more harm than good and do a number on your body. Why the rush to loose so quicky?
    Ditto to what she said :-).
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    Not sure about the green tea, but if it doesn't contribute to being over your calorie intake for the day, tea party it up!

Diet pills? Save your $$ and buy good, healthy food and stay away from the fast food.

Honestly, I think 30lbs is kind of pushing it for 8 weeks of healthy weight loss, since most of the recommendations I see say 2lbs is a good number, maybe a little on the high end. I'd hate to see you set yourself up for failure, as dropping that much weight in a short amount of time may encourage fasting or skipping meals, which is TOTALLY counterproductive. Set a calorie goal, set realistic goals that won't discourage you the first week if you're not totally satisfied with your progress, and stay committed. This works, I promise.....
  • ruweis
    ruweis Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! Thats a very ambitious goal. But its very possible. I was able to loose about 25 lbs in 2 months but it involved going to the gym every day and changing my eating habits completely. You will loose this weight if you eat right, you don't have to go to the gym every day but to loose 30 lbs you should try to go about 5 days a week. You should also be consistent and patient, you wont see results right away but they will come, don't give up! Best of luck! and remember Four things 1. Eat Right 2. exercise 3. Do it Consistently 4. Be Patient
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would really loooove to achieve it! I just don't know...Doing workout 3x a week and really watching what I eat. I have a baby and a toddler so they keep me busy. I'm drinking a cup of green tea a day, would that help? I read it helps with something...lol

I think its very possible to lose 30lbs in 2 months. That's actually my current goal now. And just so that people know I'm not talking out of my a**. I started my weightloss journey on Jan10th this year and since then have lost 45lbs in 3months. That's about 15lbs a month. So ya 30 lbs is very doable.

I must warn you though I worked very hard to get there. I workout 2hrs everyday 5 days a week and watch my calorie intake very strictly. The smaller you get the harder its gonna be so you have to learn to keep pushing yourslef to achieve your goals, GOOD LUCK! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

NB: for anyone curious, I'm 5'3, and started at 236lbs
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I think its very possible to lose 30lbs in 2 months. That's actually my current goal now. And just so that people know I'm not talking out of my a**. I started my weightloss journey on Jan10th this year and since then have lost 45lbs in 3months. That's about 15lbs a month. So ya 30 lbs is very doable.

I must warn you though I worked very hard to get there. I workout 2hrs everyday 5 days a week and watch my calorie intake very strictly. The smaller you get the harder its gonna be so you have to learn to keep pushing yourslef to achieve your goals, GOOD LUCK! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You started out with a high body fat percentage. The closer you get to the fit range the less weight you will lose.

Depending on your height and current weight 30lbs in 8 weeks is over reaching if you are anywhere near a normal BMI or Body Fat percentage.
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok well maybe 3 months at the most!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options

You started out with a high body fat percentage. The closer you get to the fit range the less weight you will lose.

Depending on your height and current weight 30lbs in 8 weeks is over reaching if you are anywhere near a normal BMI or Body Fat percentage.

I am well aware of this, which is why i said the smaller you get/are the harder its gonna be...
  • bamagirl2020
    Options

Arizona makes a Diet Green Tea with Ginseng and it is absolutely AMAZING! It also has ZERO calories so you can drink as much as you want and not worry about the calories! It's by far my favorite, even over Lipton and other more well-known brands. As far as diet pills, I've never had any success with them. The only one worth a flip is Adipex, and you have to have a doctor's prescription for it.
  • drad81
    drad81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose 25lbs and that's exercising about 5 days a week (gaining back about 450cal per exercise day) I haven't been that strict on how much I eat (although it is a lot less than before) but I have been sure to eat the right foods. I've noticed that I get full a lot faster and have stopped myself eating more just because I like the taste of something.

In saying that it's possible to lose 30lbs in 2-3months but it depends on your starting weight. I was 226lbs and am down to 199lbs. The first 20lbs came off quickly but the weight loss has now slowed down.

Try not to lose too much weight too quickly because in the long run, you're likely to put it back on because it may be an unsustainable diet/exercise routine. I see MFP as a lifestyle changing tool, not a way of achieving short term goals.