Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    omg, what is this PB2? lol!
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I use pb2 the regular and chocolate flavors and I LOVE them. Great for only 45 cal per 2 TBS.
    For a special treat, I eat 1 TBS of white chocolate wonderful by peanut butter company...but only once or twice a week. ;)
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter is one of the best things you can eat.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    PB2 is amazing. www.bellplantation.com
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll take Smuckers Natural Creamy over PB2 any day.

Fats are important.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it.
  • NittyGrittyBritty
    NittyGrittyBritty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried almond butter? I believe it's a bit better than the peanut butter for you, but I've never tried it. I only eat peanut butter with apples or ocassionally in my oatmeal. Maybe don't eat it plain, just limit yourself to once a day on a certain snack, like celery or apples.

Almond butter = delish but it separates out to a point that I can't even stir it back! As for being better than peanut butter it depends. Both are good fats but its easier to find a more 'pure' almond butter. Read ingredient lists to make sure there is no extra garbage in your PB. But to answer your question, if you know you can't moderate you PB intake, it's probably best to throw it away and never buy it again. It's sad but true. However, I've never heard of PB2 and it sounds amazing and it could help your situation... Does anyone know where you can buy it because I want :)
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have tried this-- but same thing-- I will end up eating 1/2 the jar before I realize it... so yeah it's better than inhaling the real thing but still a disaster to my waistline. Ugh! Thanks though I might try to ween myself off of the real thing with this!!
  • alittle99
    Options
    you can buy it at Whole Foods or Central Market-- most upscale grocery stores have it. And I think you're right- I am just going to have to give it up and throw it out :-( For the best... right?! Thanks for the push!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    willpower.
    don't quit eating it because its a great food.
    But limit yourself to 2 TBS or so a day.
    Or make extra room in your diet to fit in more.

I love beer, but I'm not downing 12 of those every day.
  • alittle99
    Options
    Haha I LOVE the idea of having your dog lick the spoon- that is genius! :happy: I might try that. And mixing it in with the chocolate sounds delicious as well... I might try this, and if i can't control myself on this at least I would've had a delicious treat. Thanks!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to peanut butter... I mean I honestly think it's a clinical addiction (okay- that might be a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean). I know a little bit is good for you but I can NEVER stop at "a little," and I can hadly stop after 4 spoonfuls of it! Is the best solution to just avoid it 100%? I know it's a "good fat" but I literally cannot control it... any advice??! Help!!

I've learned that for myself, any food that triggers a binge, regardless of its health benefits, has to be eliminated for the time being.
    Sadly, peanut butter (or almond butter) is one of those foods.
    If I can't moderate it, I have to abstain.
    I want to be successful at fat loss so going without certain foods is a price I'm willing to pay.

I get my good fats from avocado, olive oil, flaxseed and fish, all foods that don't give me trouble.
    Concentrating on the foods that I can have is a better alternative than focusing on foods I can't.
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    On days that I work out and have calories to fill, I will have 3 pb cracker sandwiches using 1Tbsp PB and 6 saltines. It's just enough to fill that craving. Although, I was a little naughty and had a Reese's PB Cup on Tuesday, and the other yesterday...but I fit it into my count and took teeny tiny bites to savor it longer so I didn't gobble the other one down too. :tongue:
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If peanut butter is the devil, the devil is delicious.