Happy One Year Anniversary to Me :)

Options
sundinsgurl
sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
Happy One Year Anniversary to ME!!!
So today is my one year anniversary since joining MFP. When I first joined I admit I was after a quick fix (you know loose the weight during the spring/summer than as usual I expected to gain it back as I have done every winter.) However, this year was different. I have become addicted to this site, which is a GREAT thing!! Thanks to many of my AMAZING friends on here you keep me logging in multiple times per day to check out whats up in your lives or to comment on your awesome workouts, or wicked weighloss. It feels like I have made a fitness family, one that I want to keep for a very long time!!

What I have learned the most is that this is going to be lifestyle change not a diet. I am allowed to eat the things I enjoy but I need to remember MODERATION. I admit I still struggle with this, but I know its never going to be easy. What matters the most to me is that I enjoy working out and if I miss a day or two of exercise I feel like I have to get a workout in. Exercising definitely puts me in a better mood and gives me more energy. Working out and eating badly every now and than is wayyy better than eating bad and never working out at all.

Thanks to everyone who I have met along this journey thus far. After one year I am down 28 lbs. I am super close to my goal (only 5-7lbs to go). I am trying to find ways to spice up my exercise habits (be it challenges or different workouts to try). I look forward to the next year on MFP (and many more), I have a lot I want to accomplish and I believe I can do it! My motivation isn’t as strong as it was a year ago but I AM NOT GIVING UP!!

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    happy anniversary
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Congrats! Choosing to stick with it is hard and you're doing it!

Proud of you!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!! and congrats on your success, my 1 year anniversary here is coming up on the 25th, MFP is awesome, I was just like you I thought I would only lose a few pounds then gain most back initially but I didnt and now Im down over 78lbs!! Congrats to you again!!!
  • l0ri
    l0ri Posts: 2
    Options
    Amazing progress! Happy Anniversary!! <3
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Great Accomplishment and commitment to yourself during this year! Congrats!! Real inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!