should i be eating the calories i workout!?!?!

Options
my recommended calorie intake is 1200, but when i workout it gives me extra calories. should i only be eating the 1200 or is it okay to eat what i work out too?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    MFP gives them to you because you are supposed to eat them!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You're going to hear all kinds of different responses on this but I think it's good to eat back at least half of those calories. You need to fuel that calorie burn and you don't want your body to feel deprived and go into starvation mode.
  • Cynthiaelle
    Options
    thanks ladies! :) ill continue to eat them, wish you guys the best in this journey
  • AmerH
    AmerH Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely eat them! I notice some people leaving like 800 calories uneaten because they've worked out so much. But if you continue to leave lots of calories, your body will think it's being starved and will slow down on burning the fuel, so to speak. Slower metabolism results and slower metabolism is death to losing weight. Obviously each body is different and so different people can leave different amounts of calories. Like I leave 100 to 200, or just 50 or 30, and when I follow the program, I really do lose weight. Who woulda thought?!! It works!!:bigsmile:
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I believe it depends on the person. If you work-out EVERY day, then you probably should eat some of the calories that you are burning. I try to work-out at least 3 days/week, so on those days I try to eat 1/2 of the calories that I burn. I want to continue losing weight, so I don't want my body to think that I'm starving it!