FED UP!

Options
Okay, I'm getting so frustrated and angry!

Why is it that others who are dieting/exercising seem to lose weight so quickly and easily, while all my work, struggling and "stickwithitness" is getting me practically NO WHERE!?

What am I doing wrong!? I exercise, stay within my calorie intake...

Why is this not working for me!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, yes. And when I *DO* lose weight, if I mess up even one day, the weight comes RIGHT back. I see it on the scale at the end of the week!

This SUCKS.

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so it's a little hard for people to give you advice
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Maybe slow down with the exercise... give yourself a day or two off... When I first started I was staying within the calories, and exercised at least 2 times a day... didn't see any results, not even inches... the minute I slowed down and only exercised once a day I lost weight and inches!

Altho I've been in this funk for the last 2 weeks, my weight hasn't gone anywhere, so I feel your pain! Keep at it, don't quit and you will see results in time, the longer it takes you to loose the weight the more it'll stay gone! The faster you loose the weight the faster it's gonna come back, so take it easy, you are doing great!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    I know it sucks, but you are not alone. Unfortunately I am in the same boat :( I only have 30 lbs to lose and they are taking forever to take off. I have been good with my calorie intake and exercise and yet nothing. I was on vacation for a month and the 5 lbs that I took off came right back :( Luckily we just came back and 3 of those fell off pretty easily, and I was so excited! Then for example, I did really good last week and even the weekend, I was so proud...we even went to a zumba party that helped me burn over 3000 calories that day alone! I knew for sure I would be under 160 for my weigh in on Monday...and yet what do you know? I was up 2 lbs! I was so pissed and hurt and just plain bummed :( I couldn't figure out why this had happened. Now I am at 161 and trying hard not to get too discouraged and keep at it. Guess I need to add the treadmill again to change it up.
    I am desperate to lose this weight for good and it seems like no matter what I do it is not coming off. Just know you are not alone! I say try to change it up and see if your body reacts :) I know for me when I was doing zumba 3x's a week and added the treadmill for 30 min 3x's a week, it made a world of difference! Try something like that :)

Hope this helps! Good Luck!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    also watch your sodium intake, sodium makes a lot of difference! and drink lots of water... I quit drinking soda when I started this, almost 3 months ago... and I can tell when my body needs the water, if I haven't drank enough during the day and I try and exercise I feel really dehydrated.

So drink lots and lots of water :)
  • beckem
    beckem Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi

I have exact same problem, go gym 3 days a week, stay within my calorie intake. Eat so much healther then before but i actually don't lose weight i gain it. I'm now 17st when this time last year i was 15 only thing i could think of is. Because i'm increasing the weights i'm lifting but i dont seem to be losing weight or even inchs.

So fustrating i want to cry at times.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    just stick with it, dont give up, you WILL see results if u just keep goin :)
  • PrincessLynn2010
    PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Totally "hear" you Beckem. :-(
  • tau_sigma
    Options
    Might it help you to weigh yourself less often? That way you get less of the ups and downs, and see a more general trend - hopefully downward :) Also, measuring your waist/hips etc. might be a better way to go - it could be you're putting on muscle while losing fat, because muscle is denser you might weigh more, but actually be smaller. Hope this helps :)
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, been exercising lots / little and have nothing happen. Last month I got back into it and added watching what I eat and nothing. 1 Week here and it all started to move.

Be patient you can reach your goals (set realistic ones .. have not looked at your profile).

You may need to make some adjustments to your targets. look at what you are trying to achieve. If you are looking to loose 0.5 pounds a month you may not see any results for ages. Also if you are not recording food properly you may be under counting calories (I still do not know if I am having 1 portion of cereal in the morning or two !!)

Hope this helps.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm getting so frustrated and angry!

Why is it that others who are dieting/exercising seem to lose weight so quickly and easily, while all my work, struggling and "stickwithitness" is getting me practically NO WHERE!?

What am I doing wrong!? I exercise, stay within my calorie intake...

Why is this not working for me!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, yes. And when I *DO* lose weight, if I mess up even one day, the weight comes RIGHT back. I see it on the scale at the end of the week!

This SUCKS.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I have the exact same complaints everyday. I'm just sticking with it and trying to consume more protein and less sugar....continue working out....not giving up....etc. I stay within my calorie/carb/fat/sodium goals, have been drinking waaaay more water, working out 6 days a week (Jillian Michaels dvds, cardio, co-ed soccer), giving myself a rest day, and so on. I get so frustrated and overwhelmed with the whole thing- it drives me crazy. I know people say to rest more, and maybe I need to do so, but I always feel like I should be working out if I do that! I don't know... just wanted you to know you're not alone :(

Good luck

Oh, and I just recently changed my goals for protein/fat/carbs to 30/20/50....as this was suggested by multiple people. We'll see how that goes. If you have yours set differently, maybe try changing them to the same ratio? Someone said those numbers were good for an active female.
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have exact same problem, go gym 3 days a week, stay within my calorie intake. Eat so much healther then before but i actually don't lose weight i gain it. I'm now 17st when this time last year i was 15 only thing i could think of is. Because i'm increasing the weights i'm lifting but i dont seem to be losing weight or even inchs.

sorry to hijack on this but it may be relevant.

If you are weight training remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you will increase weight. What you need to monitor is % body fat to see if you are making progress.
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi

sorry to hijack on this but it may be relevant.

If you are weight training remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you will increase weight. What you need to monitor is % body fat to see if you are making progress.

Sorry, not being rude I swear...

A pound is a pound...neither way more or less. however if you are strength training, gaining muscle you may be loosing fat but gaining in muscle...I could be wrong about that part but I was told by my trainer that when I go through major frustration to check my inches...a muscle takes less room then fat...So you would have inches lost...Sodium is huge, and you have to find your perfect calorie number a day....What your body want you to take in....good luck. I have been where you are...
  • beckem
    beckem Posts: 7
    Options
    yeah i understand muscle weighs more then fat but i would also think my inchs would decline with it but its not.
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    I went through a period where I did not loose inches or weight for three weeks...very frustrating. I even decided to do a fad diet...I know...Then I went out and ate a burger and fries, drank tons of water and lost 7 pounds....I was not eating enough, or was working out while not eating right.. Something. It is hard because I do not agree with it being okay for me to loose .5 pounds...So I sat down and did the math...Calories in vs calories out and then found out about calorie jumping....I have not had a plateau in a bit.

Add more protein, change around your calories.......drink more water....picture being thinner every night....You can do this...
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Oh my god I totally understand what you mean. I've been watching what I eat for about 2 months now. I only treat my self occasionally.

I've been on MFP for 3 weeks now and always staying under my net cal limit, plus exercising 5 times a week. I lost 1 kg in the first week but have since put it back on (not declared that on my ticker) and weigh exactly as I did when I first joined this site. Most of the food I eat is home cooked, even for lunch. It is so so so so so fustrating.

But I've promised myself I will reach my goal so I'm still going. Don't give up, you're not alone!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    Don't forget that if you are weight training you could be gaining muscle and muscle weighs more, so you may end up gaining weight. Although for me, when I was in a rut that's when I added the treadmill, it works wonders :) Change it up! Your body gets used to lower calories and exercise pretty quickly so you have to change it up :)

I noticed that I was not losing weight ( I unfortunately love to weigh myself every morning); but I do take my measurements once a week...and guess what? now weight loss, but I had lost several inches all over my body! I was so happy I brought down my box of clothes that don't fit, and I was able to fit into several things I haven't worn in years! So look at inches too, I KNOW the scale going down is awesome but make sure you are losing inches :)

I am getting back on track now that my vacation is over so I hope to see more progress :P GOOD LUCK everyone!
  • 65kar52
    65kar52 Posts: 23
    Options
    Apart from feelin FED UP because of no weight loss, how are you feelin ?

I started seriously about 4 weeks ago and am only noticing a little difference in weight and shape now.
    However, within the first week, I noticed a big difference in energy levels and mood in general which was enough to keep me motivated until the weight loss became obvious.
    Is there any other benefit to your new eating / fitness plan you could focus on, I dunno, maybe like more energy for the kids, not fallin on the couch in evenin for the evenin:smile: , being able to do a few extra bits during the day, better skin condition........................

Losing weight is science - it has to work at some stage - don't beat yourself up over it, know how you feel though.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    that is so me!!!! I've done so much damage to my metabolism that my weight just crawls off, but whatever, I just have to do what I do everyday. One day I will have the body I want. I can't even think about how long it will take me to get there, I just have to do this. Good luck!!!