What's your short term goal?

Options
allanaaron
allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
Set Your Goals High Enough To Inspire You And Low Enough To Encourage You. ~ Unknown

Just finished my first short term goal. thirty straight days of counting my calories. My reward, I gave away 19 pounds. The equivalent of one 16 pound bowling ball and three pounds of fish wrapped in butcher's paper. So now I weigh 308. For those of you who don't know my religion - my God is the scale. Unlike other Gods I do not kneel before him. In fact I stand on him. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Now some people might say, "You know Allan I wouldn't call that a religion, I would call it either a mental illness or, more lovingly, an obsessive behavior that can only eventually hurt you." Not only do I agree with that comment, so does my scale deity. So now having established my unhealthy psychotic delusion I would like to set my next short term goal of not only weighing under 300, but weighing under 300 in the evening before I go to bed. Actually I'd love to weigh 300 in the evening, before I go to bed, wearing my jeans, a t-shirt and my running shoes. There you go. Wish me luck. What's your next short term goal?

Replies

• carribear
    carribear Posts: 32
    Options
    I go to concerts every summer with my friends, the first of which is May 20th. My short term goal is to be down 20pds by then. I set this goal the beginning of March and went into April 10pds lighter and have started adding exercise. I fully feel that I can meet my goal by May20th! Excited!!!:happy:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My goals at the moment are events i have coming up....

- 10 lbs by the end of April(to add to my -10 already)

- 8 lbs by 28th May KINGS OF LEON CONCERT SLANE woo hoo

-12 lbs by 8th July boyfriends family wedding(most of which i have not met before)

-10 lbs by August 24th I AM OFF TO DUBAI FOR A WEEK BEFORE GOING TO AUSTRALIA TO TRAVEL FOR A YEAR!!! Exciting
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Down a dress size by Easter - totally stole that from a friend.

Down a total of twenty pounds by Mother's Day.

Exerciseing five times a week without having arguments with myself about it.
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Under 250 lbs by June 1st. Less than two pounds a week. This is my short term goal...
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well it was, to be down 30 lbs by the time I go back to my home town for a visit, on May 14. But I am only 1 lb away from that goal right now! So I have to rethink this goal!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    1) To be at 165lbs for my trip to the UK in two weeks!
    2) To at least maintain my weight, if not lose, during my trip (it's always pretty walking-heavy in London for me!)
    3) To be 160lbs for the Victoria Day weekend (May 23 to non-Canadian folk :happy: ).

I'm sitting at 167 as of right now, so I hope I can do it!

160 is my first goal that I set (well, my gym consultant set it) - once I hit that, I will re-assess the situation!
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absolutely all are making such great short terms goals and have legit shots at hitting them. Awesome. You're all doing so well!!! You know, at the end it's not about hitting the goals but moving towards them.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my short term goal is to work out everyday for 30 days.
  • jenc555
    jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Huh! I hadn't even thought of doing a short term goal until now...thanks for the inspiration. And so: my short term goal is to get into the 160's before the end of April. I'm only 171 now, so it seems like a feasible goal. However, this is always, ALWAYS in my 20 years of dieting history (although this is a lifestyle, yes) where I get stuck. So it's a massive mini goal.

Long term goal is a beautiful white frilly summer dress, hanging in the closet. And a cool pair of blue llbean capris. I try to not worship the scale...I instead worship the closet!

Thanks again, good luck!
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    Gotta be getting down a dress size by easter, I think that should be doable! =D
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I have been wearing the same two pairs of jeans all winter, and one of those pairs is in that stage where it could suffer a horrific rip at any point. So my goal is that, by the next time I have to buy jeans, to be down a size from what I was trying on a week ago for dress pants (so, fitting into a 11/12 would make me pretty happy).
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to be comfortably in the 150s (not 159.8 pounds teetering on the edge of 160) by the time I go on vacation to the Caribbean the first week in May. I am at 161 now so hopefully the scale cooperates because I sure am doing my best to make goal!
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! You can do it!
    My short-term goal is just to learn to not go crazy on the weekends.
    Any weight I lose during the week gets put right back on over the weekend.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to get my weight up to 160.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I have a few short term goals. My first is to score an 85 or above on my upcoming PT test in a few weeks (it was a bit unexpected due to a pregnancy loss). My second is to get down to 150 so I can buy a bikini, and to be in the 140s for my hubby's birthday on May 15th so I can confidently wear some new lingerie for him. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!